Pension Check

Gixxer2003

Pension checks are issued on the first of every month but when do you get it if the first falls on a Saturday or Sunday. Will you get it before or after the weekend. And what about holidays if we are off thurs fri (thanksgiving) and the 1st falls on a Sunday do we get the pension check on Wednesday like we get our ups checks before a holiday?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Generally if the 1st falls on a Saturday you will get your direct deposit on Friday and if it falls on a Sunday you will get it the following day (Monday), although I have noticed that I have received it on the Friday before.

BF is not a bank holiday and as such you will either get your Dec. check on either Friday or Monday----most likely on Friday.

Gixxer2003

That’s what worries me that i will fall behind then owe a ton of money. But i already told them not to take taxes out i need to feel my full amount every month. I don’t understand why this country cant just take a flat fee from everyone $99.00 per week or month they burn us with taxes

oldngray

nowhere special
I have them mail me a void pension check instead of letting them do everything online. I get that in the mail a couple of days before the money gets direct deposited in the bank.

Shiftless

Pension checks are issued on the first of every month but when do you get it if the first falls on a Saturday or Sunday. Will you get it before or after the weekend. And what about holidays if we are off thurs fri (thanksgiving) and the 1st falls on a Sunday do we get the pension check on Wednesday like we get our ups checks before a holiday?

Congrats on getting out a live!

I tell everyone "Get Busy or Die". Stay Busy, Stay Happy!

Taxes? I am one of those retiree's that controls my own quarterly payments. I don't want to give them a cent more than I am responsible for. It's a personal choice for most.