Pension for new UPS freight union employees

Redline08

Hello, Im about to start working for UPS freight and will be unionized in 45 days. They told me I will not be getting a pension once I join and no chance in the future. Ive been looking around and do not see anything about not getting one or that they have stopped except for nonunion employees. Ive search the forum a little bit and just about every post about pensions there is someone saying it will never go away. So can anyone clarify this for me I would greatly appreciate it.

Redline08

Thanks for the move I didn't even see the section for UPS Freight sorry. Well sucks for me then. Sounds like I'll be working next to employees with a good or at least better retirement where I'll get 401k that I can pretty much get at any ordinary non-union job.

sppollock

We in the freight division have a pension, its $105../month per years of service. The new contract up's it to 110 a month for the first 2 years and 115 a month after that.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
We in the freight division have a pension, its $105../month per years of service. The new contract up's it to 110 a month for the first 2 years and 115 a month after that.

Are you guys and gals under the "UPS Pension Fund" a company controlled defined benefit plan...and does it at any time gets capped at 35 years?

sppollock

Yes we are in the UPS Pension Fund and there is no longer a cap on the years of service. That was taken out at ratification of the 2013 contract.