Pension Question

MJTech12

Got a question
Applied for my pension finally after waiting 18 years how long does the process take? will UPS send me back paperwork to sign? they told me the projection date would be August 1st for my first check but I haven't heard a peep from them thanks for the responses in advance

Got a question
Applied for my pension finally after waiting 18 years how long does the process take? will UPS send me back paperwork to sign? they told me the projection date would be August 1st for my first check but I haven't heard a peep from them thanks for the responses in advance
Is your pension through the company or the union?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Mine is through both. Sent for an estimate, took 90 days, and file your papers 2 months before your retire date to get it started on time

Sandydog

I have a question... Is there a web site we can check our pension credits... Also, is it possible to make up credits some how, and if so, how would I go about that? Thanks

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I have a question... Is there a web site we can check our pension credits... Also, is it possible to make up credits some how, and if so, how would I go about that? Thanks
Depends on your pension fund. My local had a website that showed every pension credit.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
My union uses Hours ( 1800 ) worked per year for a full year of pension credit, you need 250 hrs just to get 2 months credit, which is the min..