People are Clueless

2Slow

OH, that is my all time favorite stupid thing that customers say,My standard answer to that is...." Gee, I have no idea. Since that head injury I had, my Xray vision doesn't work anymore."

I tell them that I don't have time to open all the packages anymore...
Usually good for a dumb look :happy-very:

cino321

I like the occasional person who walks up to you with a tracking number, and then asks me to look it up for them.

browniehound

The ones that really annoy me are working in their driveway of yard and will NOT come over and get the package. The ones that do I really like, and if they say "I'll save you a few steps", I like them even better. These are the people that understand our lives and should be treated like gold!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
ring bell customer answers the door with '' can i help you''
Go to the side door because the front is bolted, they let the dogs out the back and tell me to go back there from the front..I just started walking back to the truck, no time for foolishness, and dog traps. Yup, come on out to my world in your socks.........Im not climbing through your booby traps to deliver, see ya, and a Merry Christmas to you also..............

SmithBarney

I love the people that come out as your walking away and somehow miss the large box right in front of the door and they yell "did you have something for me?!"

tups

Well this time of year especially the really clueless people can't seem to use a snow shovel or any kind of ice melt. But they will say from their door as you slip and slide up the walk to be careful because it is very icy and slippery. And then these people are the ones who have to spend a whole day trying to remove ice that could have been removed very easily when the snow fell instead of letting it sit and freeze. One customer actually complained about the damage to his slate walkway from using an ice chipper to remove the snow that froze into ice. I couldn't help pointing out that if it was shoveled right after it fell there would be no ice now. And finally the most ignorant ones are the ones who don't even shovel at all, leave 5 inches of snow on the walks and driveway that becomes ice, and wonder why their package is left at the mailbox instead of their door. Morons

browniehound

I love the people that come out as your walking away and somehow miss the large box right in front of the door and they yell "did you have something for me?!"

Fredly,
Its funny you mention this. On Monday I had 2 pacrels weighing about 65 lbs each that needed to be delivered to a house that was located on a steep hill. The hill was his driveway and the house about 75 yards from the street. This driveway is covered completely with ice and snow, meaning there are some dry spots, but its mostly a sheet of ice.

I grab one parcel and my helper grabbed the other. We were trying to guess what they were. It had to some sort of machinery or heavy liquid. We get to the house and leave them by the garage door.

As we are walking away, a man in his 30's opens his door and says "hey did you guys leave something for me?" A few comments:

1. No, me and my other friend in brown were here to rob you. We thought we'd hump 2 rocks up your driveway before we did it.

2. These things weighed 65 lbs each, you must know what they are, no??? How can you question us? Its either that boat engine you ordered or its nothing else, take a guess?????????

3. Obviously you saw or heard the truck at the street, a little help from an able bodied man like yourself would have been better than "did you guys leave me something, ah, duh, ah duh?"

4. Me and my helper could have broke something carrrying (the 2-wheeler couldn't have been pushed over this surface) these things up his ice riddled driveway .

5. With that one statement my helper realized how stupid or arrogant the genral public really is. Seriously, what was my helper to think when someone says that to him?

Big Babooba

Back when they first put the UPS logo on our shirts I was delivering in a project. A boy, about 12 years old opened the door. He saw the logo and his eyes got as big as saucers. He yelled,"Ma, it's the police!", and slammed the door in my face.

Dirty Savage

Paranoid Android
Back when they first put the UPS logo on our shirts I was delivering in a project. A boy, about 12 years old opened the door. He saw the logo and his eyes got as big as saucers. He yelled,"Ma, it's the police!", and slammed the door in my face.

I've had that happen to me a couple of times in the sketchier areas of town. You see people peaking out the blinds but, mysteriously, the door never opens. Cracks me up every time.

Cementups

Box Monkey

I have a somewhat similar story. I was in the projects delivering and as I was walking away from the stop a young boy of about 7 comes running up and says, "Hey Mr. Mailman, Momma's got dinner ready. You coming fo dinner tonight?" All I could think to say at the time was, "You got the wrong fella kid." Seemed to me that the mailman was getting a little action on his route.

thebrownbox

lol as a UPS worker and always when I order packages depends on what it is (car parts) then I tend to wait around near the door for the package.

Hmm speaking of that does a driver deliver his own package?

thebrownbox

I have a somewhat similar story. I was in the projects delivering and as I was walking away from the stop a young boy of about 7 comes running up and says, "Hey Mr. Mailman, Momma's got dinner ready. You coming fo dinner tonight?" All I could think to say at the time was, "You got the wrong fella kid." Seemed to me that the mailman was getting a little action on his route.

LMAO.. best story so far!

Big Babooba

What a coincidence. I too have a similar story from the same project as before. A lady and her little boy came to the door. He was about 2 1/2 years old. He looked up at me and gave me the biggest smile. Then he said, "HI Daddy!". She looked down at him with a frown and yelled, "He ain't yo daddy!". Poor kid, I felt sorry for him. He didn't know any better and didn't deserve to be yelled at.

upsdude

I'm making a list of comments for my last day.

What is it?

It's brain dumba**, your neighbors got together and bought you one.

Ms.PacMan

EEK!!:scared:...your truck is rolling away!
No ma'am the driver is turning the truck around.
Cracks me up every year!​

Why is your helper in the truck?
No ma'am, I'm the helper...she's the driver...:lol:
Heard that twice this year.​