People are Clueless

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse
I know this has been addressed before, but some new and not so new oldie but goody clueless people questions always crop up this time of year.

Had a guy the other day ask me how many more deliveries he had coming.---
Uh, as many as YOU ordered?

Box_Junkie

Ye, very true! This time of year brings out the inner idiot in people be it driving or just the questions. I was backed into a driveway about Tue. last week, just looking through the board before making the delivery. Anyways a guy in a mini-van comes to a stop in front of the truck and asked "Hey, lookin' for an address?" I looked at him and looked at the house I was parked in front of and said "Nope I found it, you wanna take these" (pointing to the pkgs in back) "and look for the other 150+?" He must of relized his stupid question, he gave me a surprised/pissed look and sped off.....:wink2:

Dirty Savage

Paranoid Android
The best has to be when the customer opens the door and you hand them the package and they ask you "What is it?" I don't know! YOU ORDERED IT YOU FREAKIN IDIOT!!!!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
"are you delivering the fruitcakes from texas?"
If its in my truck, I deliver to........... and from fruitcakes, and then I said Merry Christmas. I always feel better when I can slam and run, and then leave on a cheery note. And hopefully they like the term Merry Christmas, if not...... sux to be them.

Dump and Run

I heaft this big heavy box up to the side door yesterday. I saw the customer (also heavy) sitting there. She stands up and slides the door open. Looks into the room and anounces "the mailman is hear." Looks back at me and asks..."Oh my what is it?" Me: "I don't know but it reads in BIG letters on the side massage table. Merry Christmas." When I last saw her she was still standing in the doorway with that deer-in-the-headlights look. Deet-Da Dee!

jason67rs

Had stops for two people next door to each other, del the one walking over to the other house and hear "hey that belongs here" told the lady to look down and what do you know, she found her box!

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
I love the people that come to the door as you are walking off and then look down at the package w/o touching it to see what it is. Its like if they touch it their dead meat.

over9five

Staff member
I love the people that come to the door as you are walking off and then look down at the package w/o touching it to see what it is. Its like if they touch it their dead meat.

Same when a sup or another driver comes up to you with a package saying, "This is yours". You don't touch it until you read the address!

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
The USPS gave me a dirty look when I blocked access to the mailbox. Number one, he wasn't there when I pulled up and two, it was a narrow street and three, since when USPS is in a rush to deliver stuff anyway?? I say First come -First served!!!

B

Blue Bell

Had a package going to the head HR of a local company to her home, attempted 3 days to deliver, she couldn't understand the infonotice to sign in person!!! She leaves a huge note on front door...Dear UPS MAN please leave package at front door and signed the paper with her name and date when she could have called the 800 # and had it sent to her office!!

some of the stupid stuff customers say. :happy-very: "workin Late?" , "Man, you sure have a good job." there's many, many more. The one that gets me the most is,(after I have DRed the pkg and about to drive away they stick their head out the door and say " Hey, you need me to sign for that?" I have been known to tell them "yes" and then just set there for a few seconds. Then I shake my head and drive off.

The best has to be when the customer opens the door and you hand them the package and they ask you "What is it?"
OH, that is my all time favorite stupid thing that customers say,My standard answer to that is...." Gee, I have no idea. Since that head injury I had, my Xray vision doesn't work anymore."