Personal Cell Phone Used For FedEx Business

!Retired!

Wow! Great point. Never thought of that.

I'd be glad to drive around for hours searching for an address. But I can't see FedEx ever officially handing out phones because, officially, cell phone use in vehicles (and often entire buildings) is against company policy.
FedEx gave us phones (NEXTEL's to be precise) back in NY back in 03-04. That didn't last long.

dezguy

Our CTV guys had phones a while back but were told they were too expensive. They were literally 10 year old flip phones that had originally been manager phones.

GillEagan

I always look 10 years younger than I am.
I remember those Nextel phones. Many businesses used them as a cheap walkie talkie about 10 years ago. Is Nextel even still around?

fedex_rtd

I really do NOT have a problem using my personal cell phone for FedEx business "IF" and only if it makes my day easier. I don't know how many of you pick up 023 airbills, but these things are a pain in the ass, and at least at my station when a customer is using them, the haz is always a bit weird, as in NOT your normal haz a DGO driver or a RTD PUD driver would normally see.

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
My pickups all have my cell# which is a google voice # that forwards to my real cell.
I have a handful that use it to alert me of whether or not to bring my fold down cart up the elevator to save time.

Nolimitz

I was recently busted by our senior talking on my cell ph. it now stays in my pocket all day. Got my first letter for that one. use it at lunch for internet... Our domicile rtes do have company provided phones

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I've used the camera in my smartphone for covering my ass when some fool signs the doortag and then locks it inside the door. I just take a picture of it, save it for 2 weeks and release the package.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I've used the camera in my smartphone for covering my ass when some fool signs the doortag and then locks it inside the door..
oh that was one of my favorite stunts customers would pull...I was tempted to start carrying a glass cutter with me.

dvalleyjim

That sucks, I just don't deliver his package if I can't get the door tag. But remember, it's only packages. No heart surgeon is waiting for a heart to save someone's life (although FedEx thinks it is) There really is no conspiracy. It's just a crappy job.