Personal Vehicle Deliveries

SameRightsForAll

I find it very disturbing that most of the topics on this site aren't focusing on the most serious issue right now which is the attempt by UPS to create a parallel work force to compete with Amazon's delivery model right in front of our spineless union and career union employees who have depended on peak season work as a significant part of their annual income.

I have one question for our spineless union.

Why should I keep paying 2 1/2 hours out of every paycheck to you Gutless Turds.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I am 100% against PVD's but it's gonna take more than a few people to make sure PVD's don't become permanent. We need to get this idea 100% abolished by our union! If I see any language in favor of PVD's in this next contract I am voting NO.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I find it very disturbing that most of the topics on this site aren't focusing on the most serious issue right now which is the attempt by UPS to create a parallel work force to compete with Amazon's delivery model right in front of our spineless union and career union employees who have depended on peak season work as a significant part of their annual income.

Why should I keep paying 2 1/2 hours out of every paycheck to you Gutless Turds.
This has been covered for months on here.

SameRightsForAll

The contract is full of loopholes and language designed so that UPS follows ZERO rules and the union walks out of the room with their gutless tails between their legs every negotiation period. Can somebody tell me just how in the Hell this is even possible? Hiring people off the streets more and more every year to replace actual bargaining unit (or not) real UPS career employees. We have families. This is our job. This is our income. And the gutless union who allows this to happen is still yanking 2 1/2 hard working hours of pay out of our checks while we're being thrown under the bus. I don't think so. And where is the actual dialog on this besides somebody following up by saying "we've already covered this". Uh, no we haven't. Not near enough. Until this is dead and gone and our UNION grows a spine, UPS will throw every single one of us under the bus, and none of you are immune.

SameRightsForAll

There is no difference. UPS is sneaking both of them in as parallel work forces and all of it should be dealt with accordingly, but please don't change the subject here. This is concerning personal vehicle/ street workers or the catchy new acronym "PVD". Calling something a rhyming buzz word always makes things right, doesn't it.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Every check? For realz?

How many union meetings have you attended? Did your local have a meeting to discuss the negotiation points for the next contract? If so, did you attend that? If you want more of a say, run for a trustee position in your local. If you can't be bothered to take up the fight, then you don't have much right to complain about how the people who are fighting are doing it. If they are spineless, gutless turds, what does that say about you?

W

What The Hawk?

Forgive me, but does this include shuttling in a personal vehicle? I know it's not "delivering" but I've seen drivers shuttle things in their own vehicles.

over9five

Staff member
Every check? For realz?

How many union meetings have you attended? Did your local have a meeting to discuss the negotiation points for the next contract? If so, did you attend that? If you want more of a say, run for a trustee position in your local. If you can't be bothered to take up the fight, then you don't have much right to complain about how the people who are fighting are doing it. If they are spineless, gutless turds, what does that say about you?
The OP has a lot of guts on an anonymous message board. I'm betting he doesn't open his mouth at a union meeting.

W

What The Hawk?

The OP has a lot of guts on an anonymous message board. I'm betting he doesn't open his mouth at a union meeting.
He might have wanted to gauge the response from people online before opening his mouth IRL.

brownIEman

The contract is full of loopholes and language designed so that UPS follows ZERO rules and the union walks out of the room with their gutless tails between their legs every negotiation period. Can somebody tell me just how in the Hell this is even possible? Hiring people off the streets more and more every year to replace actual bargaining unit (or not) real UPS career employees. We have families. This is our job. This is our income. And the gutless union who allows this to happen is still yanking 2 1/2 hard working hours of pay out of our checks while we're being thrown under the bus. I don't think so. And where is the actual dialog on this besides somebody following up by saying "we've already covered this". Uh, no we haven't. Not near enough. Until this is dead and gone and our UNION grows a spine, UPS will throw every single one of us under the bus, and none of you are immune.

You have a very good point. There is way too much vague language that allows bullying and outright thievery to go on at this company.
This coming contract how about we demand no contractors of any kind ever, no temps even during peak.
In exchange the Union can recognize a base performance level. Every route to have a base SPORH and every inside op a base pph and any employees failing to meet that can be subject to progressive discipline.

Last edited: