Petition to go back to the table.

oldupsman

The reality is this.
The union in REALITY does not care about those that pay dues.
It is up to you to make a choice.
I am dropping out of the Teamster union.

Call me names.....do what you need to do.
But I have my pride.
I can't pay an organization that is not doing things that are in my union families best interest.

I do not agree with your leaving the union. But I understand your anger and frustration.
I also believe you will not be the only one leaving. There's going to be a lot more leaving
than the IBT ever imagined.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Don't assume the whole country is just like your 1 belt center.
I won’t. We deliver with over 250 drivers a day out of my building. 70 per center with four belts each. I’ll try to keep that in mind. Not right to work here anyway. I would never condone scabbing, but in RTW states, I think we are going to lose members rapidly.

oldupsman

I won’t. We deliver with over 250 drivers a day out of my building. 70 per center with four belts each. I’ll try to keep that in mind. Not right to work here anyway. I would never condone scabbing, but in RTW states, I think we are going to lose members rapidly.

And not only lose members but not gain any new ones. Why in the world if you're in an RTW
state would you join the IBT. So you can vote and then not have it count? The days of people
just blindly joining a union are over.

PT Car Washer

Wow. 250 in 1 building. I don't think we have too many more delivery drivers in my state. We are RTW and almost 100% Union and I don't see that changing. Only have to look at FedEx to see where we would be without the Union.

The transient part time work force shouldn’t be voting with the full timers, their should be different contracts, their low voter turn out is a reflection of the low voter numbers.

This needs to be discussed. The vast majority of part timers aren’t interested in going full time, our building hires strictly drivers from the outside because no one will sign the intent to go driving list. So why are our contracts commingled, at this point in time, with the work environment so different than what it was say 20-30-40 years ago when all part timers went driving eventually
If this contract was divided into full time/part time it would have passed overwhelmingly. Because all or nearly all the issues were affecting part timers.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Falls under the job description for PT.
Naw, just those who wash them cars. :ninja3:

Wow. 250 in 1 building. I don't think we have too many more delivery drivers in my state. We are RTW and almost 100% Union and I don't see that changing. Only have to look at FedEx to see where we would be without the Union.

RTW here and not even 1/2 are in the union. Us other half are all saying WTF among ourselves! A lot of texts and calls since Fri night and the common theam is what exactly are we getting for our $1,000+ a year membership? We can't get a steward to open his mouth when we get called into the office let alone actually "act" like they are on our side. Then we get bent over the proverbial wheel well by the top brass at the IBT.

Superteeth2478

If this contract was divided into full time/part time it would have passed overwhelmingly. Because all or nearly all the issues were affecting part timers.
Exactly. A lot of full-timers were glad about the 22.4 position because it meant they could screw a future full-timer with overtime instead of having to do it themselves. Now note I didn't say all, but a lot of drivers were voting yes for the relief from overtime. The part-timers' contract would have simply been imposed, turnout would have been like 10% tops. But hell, every contract that doesn't have a majority of the members voting is going to be imposed anyways because of the Article XII language. And now you can be certain every contract will be imposed because turnout will probably never get above 30% in the future.

oldupsman

Talk to most Fed Ex guys and they really don't want to be in a union. Having a contract passed like this just
confirms what they're thinking. Yes, I make less an hour but my money is my money. Honestly, what is the IBT
going to do for me? Zippo. If they really wanted to join the IBT they could have done that a long time ago.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Exactly. A lot of full-timers were glad about the 22.4 position because it meant they could screw a future full-timer with overtime instead of having to do it themselves. Now note I didn't say all, but a lot of drivers were voting yes for the relief from overtime. The part-timers' contract would have simply been imposed, turnout would have been like 10% tops. But hell, every contract that doesn't have a majority of the members voting is going to be imposed anyways because of the Article XII language. And now you can be certain every contract will be imposed because turnout will probably never get above 30% in the future.
Great

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
and do you see union officials recruiting the newbies, I don't.

We heard 1 steward at exactly one PCM say to vote! That was response to someone in the back yelling, "vote" on Thursday. We heard the center manager and the DM say to vote, specifically, "make an informed decision voting" no less than 8 times the past 2 weeks!

Part of me thinks this was the IBT's plan all along. This is why we heard Dennis Taylor proclaim that the contract was ratified just seconds after the voting %'s were anounced!

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
We heard 1 steward at exactly one PCM say to vote! That was response to someone in the back yelling, "vote" on Thursday. We heard the center manager and the DM say to vote, specifically, "make an informed decision voting" no less than 8 times the past 2 weeks!

Part of me thinks this was the IBT's plan all along. This is why we heard Dennis Taylor proclaim that the contract was ratified just seconds after the voting %'s were anounced!
Brilliant!

Superteeth2478

Naw, just those who wash them cars. :ninja3:

RTW here and not even 1/2 are in the union. Us other half are all saying WTF among ourselves! A lot of texts and calls since Fri night and the common theam is what exactly are we getting for our $1,000+ a year membership? We can't get a steward to open his mouth when we get called into the office let alone actually "act" like they are on our side. Then we get bent over the proverbial wheel well by the top brass at the IBT.
Man, your stewards suck. I can't speak for anyone else, but it's pretty rare that I'm not able to say SOMETHING in the defense of the employee I'm representing, some kind of extenuating circumstance that I can think of. There are those employees who just know they're screw-ups (like people that literally show up only two days out of the week) that I just can't find anything to say to defend, but they are few and far in between.