Petition to go back to the table.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Man, your stewards suck. I can't speak for anyone else, but it's pretty rare that I'm not able to say SOMETHING in the defense of the employee I'm representing, some kind of extenuating circumstance that I can think of. There are those employees who just know they're screw-ups (like people that literally show up only two days out of the week) that I just can't find anything to say to defend, but they are few and far in between.
My stewards are castrated Brown nosers who have their own knee pads hanging in the bosses office. I don’t even want them in the office with me when I’m in there.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

It's almost laughably sad how little effect that petition will have. Taylor was going back to the table again anyways, he said so himself. Except the problem is that he's not going back to the table to negotiate additional provisions. He's going back to the table to get under it to slob Abney's knob some more. At least he wasn't exactly lying when he said he'd go back to the table...
I hope he remembered his knee pads. It can get sore under that table.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
If less than half of the eligible members cast valid ballots, then a two-thirds (2/3) vote of those voting shall be required to reject such final offer and to authorize a strike. The failure of such membership to reject the final offer and to authorize a strike as herein provided shall require the negotiating committee to accept such final offer or such additional provisions as can be negotiated by it.

Article 7 sec 2 of our constitution. Now we view the actions and the true motivations taken by Dennis Taylor and Hoffa Jr. in the absolute :censored2:ing of the UPS members! Everyone knows voter turnout is always less than 50% due to the transient nature of a part time workforce! Hoffa Jr. and Dennis Taylor conspired to deny the UPS membership of any "voice" in the contract and planned for the contract to be rammed through no matter what the vote was!

If less than half of the eligible members cast valid ballots, then a two-thirds (2/3) vote of those voting shall be required to reject such final offer and to authorize a strike. The failure of such membership to reject the final offer and to authorize a strike as herein provided shall require the negotiating committee to accept such final offer or such additional provisions as can be negotiated by it.

Article 7 sec 2 of our constitution. Now we view the actions and the true motivations taken by Dennis Taylor and Hoffa Jr. in the absolute :censored2:ing of the UPS members! Everyone knows voter turnout is always less than 50% due to the transient nature of a part time workforce! Hoffa Jr. and Dennis Taylor conspired to deny the UPS membership of any "voice" in the contract and planned for the contract to be rammed through no matter what the vote was!
Not like the outcome was a big surprise.

UrFellowUpser

All i know is that i will never vote again. The union showed me our voices dont matter. This is my first and last time. I now see why voter turnout is low

UnconTROLLed

perfection
All i know is that i will never vote again. The union showed me our voices dont matter. This is my first and last time. I now see why voter turnout is low
20ofu3.jpg

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
He is right, at least here, I haven’t seen a part timer go driving in over 8 years.
He's right for a lot of places. Here we still have part timers that want to drive. But it's a very rural area that 6 figures is living the good life. My old hub was not like that at all. Last hiring spree they were begging drivers for recommendations because they had 10 openings and the 2 part timers that wanted to drive both quit within a week of being alone. Even then after 6 months they didn't have enough off the street applications to fill all of the positions.

Part timers that view ups as a long term career are the exception by far.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I won’t. We deliver with over 250 drivers a day out of my building. 70 per center with four belts each. I’ll try to keep that in mind. Not right to work here anyway. I would never condone scabbing, but in RTW states, I think we are going to lose members rapidly.
And I know many say but it won't hurt Hoffa and Taylor. The amount of money being paid in dues will drop dramatically. That will hurt them.

SameRightsForAll

Does the petition have to have 50% votes too? Asking for a friend

They'll have a condition for a 2/3rds majority rule and then choose whether or not to implement this optional condition depending on the outcome. This is called "democracy" in 2018. I guess we have to either live with it or overthrow some commies, but even THAT requires a war at a controlled ballot box.

browned out

Its not the union,its your fellow Teamsters who didnt vote.

NO, it is the union. The 2/3 And 50% thresholds are a FN joke and should have been eliminated decades ago.

What you have are Full Timers who pay Full Time dues paying officers salaries for decades being treated like garbage. Our votes did not matter.

And when we try to vote in New leadership, the corruption, collusion and hypocricy come to the forefront.
The Hoffa union hides corruption like Rome A, Betrucio, Litchentewald and others until after the general election achieving the end result of keeping King Corruption in charge of the Teamsters. www.teamstersunited.org/hoffa-corruption

If you try to run for Teamster office against them ; you will be selectively targeted by the Union and UPS and discharged. The template for those discharged is a history of minor methods infraction leading to progressive discipline and termination. Darwin Moore 2011 ESD 171 | 2010–2011 Election Supervisor Protest Decisions | Office of the Election Supervisor for the IBT https://www.ibtvote.org/Protest-Decisions/esd2010/2011esd171. and then he was terminated for minor methods infractions. Look up Rob Atkinson, Dan O'Shea and Darwin Moore ( search Darwin Moore v.Teamsters United Parcel Service) court cases AND YOU WILL Find out what happens to those who have the courage to try to oust the criminal element of Teamster leadership. Every one of them and many more were discharged.

Opt out, stop paying dues. There is no chance to vote these criminals out..

Last edited:

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
The Union is a buisness. It's going to do what's good for it. UPS is the golden goose for the Union. They are not going to allow members to ruin that for them us less they absolutely have to.

It's not a business in the traditional sense. It is an organization established for the sole purpose of representing the interests of laborers who are members of the union. Many people believe that the need to have a strong union overrides the interests of the individual members, but this is a circular logic fallacy. That mentality enables the leadership to actually harm the members in the interest of keeping the union strong. What keeps the union strong is the synergy between the membership and leadership where the leaders act in good faith improving the conditions for the members, and the members' trust in the leadership to look out for them.

You can blame the members for apathy, but apathy starts when leadership acts in an untrustworthy manner. Why participate if you know your voice doesn't matter? The union should not have backed itself into such a corner that it relies on one company to maintain its strength. Then they should not cut their own throats by siphoning resources away from the employees of that one company to keep failing pensions afloat in order to maintain their credibility with members who work for other companies. Then they really shouldn't try to play us for fools by blaming us for all their problems.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
We heard 1 steward at exactly one PCM say to vote! That was response to someone in the back yelling, "vote" on Thursday. We heard the center manager and the DM say to vote, specifically, "make an informed decision voting" no less than 8 times the past 2 weeks!

Part of me thinks this was the IBT's plan all along. This is why we heard Dennis Taylor proclaim that the contract was ratified just seconds after the voting %'s were anounced!
We had the division manager interrupt the pcm and tell us to vote. They haven't talked to us personally in years unless its a warning letter so somethings up. It was IBTs plan. Someone's in bed with UPS with money on the line.

AwashBwashCwash

FT and PT should have separate contracts. They are already totally divided in all but name. They do not and cannot share a common attitude towards this job when their situations are entirely different.
Stop the charade that there is a brotherhood between the two and implement separate contracts. As long as they share a contract, part-timers will continue to ignore a voting process that makes no effort to inform them and include them, and full-timers will continue to sell them out every chance they get for their own benefit.
The union acts disappointed that the voting turn out was so low, yet they do absolutely nothing to bring part-timers, many of them very new to the company and unsure of how all this works, into the fold. Hell, I couldn't even participate in ANY of the conference calls because all of them were conducted during my scheduled working hours.
If I wasn't on browncafe I wouldn't have even been aware that there had been a new contract and vote at all.

Alamo Joe

Naw, just those who wash them cars. :ninja3:

RTW here and not even 1/2 are in the union. Us other half are all saying WTF among ourselves! A lot of texts and calls since Fri night and the common theam is what exactly are we getting for our $1,000+ a year membership? We can't get a steward to open his mouth when we get called into the office let alone actually "act" like they are on our side. Then we get bent over the proverbial wheel well by the top brass at the IBT.
I have been thinking about leaving the union because after seeing this low voter turnout. We are not a united front. However,I dont want to make a knee jerk reaction. $90 extra a month would be nice to add to my 401k though. I will say this though,without the union I wouldnt be making $36 a hour and getting free health care. If the union falls apart I see having to pay for health insurance.