photo contest

CharleyHustle

DSC00515.jpg

We have good reasons to catch the Tigers too. The guy at 1st, while he can't hold his whiskey, can swing the stick.
DSC00515.jpg

CharleyHustle

U P 015.jpg

Love the UP of Michigan and Tequamenon. This is the light house at Whitefish Point. The Edmund Fitzgerald lays on the bottom of Lake Superior near here. How does the song go? "She'd have made Whitefish Bay if she put 19 more miles behind her".

U P 015.jpg

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
View attachment 5784

Love the UP of Michigan and Tequamenon. This is the light house at Whitefish Point. The Edmund Fitzgerald lays on the bottom of Lake Superior near here. How does the song go? "She'd have made Whitefish Bay if she put 19 more miles behind her".

I've been to Whitefish as well. To look at the bell from the Edmund causes goosebumps. It's eerie. Makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck.

satellitedriver

Her pics are nice but don't show the whole picture. The Grand Canyon can only be truly appreciated in person, whether at an observation point, by helicopter or by burro.
To get a true appreciation of how vast and deep the canyon is one must back pack through it for a week, solo.
It is difficult for me to explain how small it makes one feel.
It is more difficult for me to explain how awesome it was to be alone and every twist and turn giving you a new perspective.
Damn, I miss being 20yrs old.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
To get a true appreciation of how vast and deep the canyon is one must back pack through it for a week, solo.
It is difficult for me to explain how small it makes one feel.
It is more difficult for me to explain how awesome it was to be alone and every twist and turn giving you a new perspective.
Damn, I miss being 20yrs old.
I've backpacked the Grapevine Trail on the South Rim (albeit not alone). Spent 2 nights about 50 ft from a 1/2 mile drop straight to the river. I understand what you mean.