Picking Your Pocket

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
My shill and apologist detractors are always accusing me of hating FedEx, which is absolutely true. I do hate FedEx and Fred with a passion, but my main reason to come on here is to educate people as to just how underhanded, cheap, and nefarious FedEx really is, especially given the current circumstances. But, first, let me take a trip down Memory Lane to remind employees how Fred&Friends have literally done their level best to pick your pocket over the years,

1. Split-Shifts: Need I say any more? If you need a refresher course on this one, let me know.
2. United Way: Manager. "I can put you down for the maximum contribution, right?". Wrong. Every year, FedEx tries to look like a good corporate citizen at YOUR expense. Bugged, pressured, and even threatened with a letter once for telling people to give on their own terms and not be a pawn for Fred. Take that video and stick it high and tight.
3: Weather Lines: I was an RTD for 90% of my career, and we didn't have weather lines, but if the phone rang after 11pm it didn't get answered because A: "We need you to start early", or B; We need you to start late because of weather, MX etc". I never picked up the phone or listened to my answering machine because I wanted to C: Sleep, and then report at my normal 0230 or 0315 start time and get paid for it. As a courier, weather lines are illegal depending on the state you live in, but that won't stop FedEx from calling you when you're in bed, in bed having sex, or in bed having sex with yourself like most managers must because nobody will touch them because they are disgusting individuals.
4: Waiving Minimums: Most prevalent after peak or during economic recessions. One word. NO!
5. FEPAC: Federal Express Political Action Committee. This was a way you could deduct funds directly from your paycheck to go to lobbyists who would then do everything possible to keep you from unionizing and create employer friendly laws for FedEx. Yes, this really existed, and yes, some people were dumb enough to donate to an organization dedicated to screwing the employee.
6.BBQs and Lunches: These were usually UNPAID events in order to celebrate a promotion, retirement or anniversary of significance. Somewhere during your delicious COSTCO burger or hot dog and your puny bad of chips, out comes the clipboard, and "As long as we're all here together celebrating Tom's 10th Anniversary, lets talk for a moment about Code 41s". So, they get a free unpaid meeting for the price of some lousy food and warm soda. I would never attend any of them, and when harassed, my answer was always if :"It's operationally related and important it needs to be paid'.
7.Draconian Attendance Policies: for a long time, you could be 30 seconds late and be charged as if you had the whole day off. Discipline =letters and lower review scores=less money and fewer raises. if there was a fatal accident or emergency on the road and I was going to be unavoidably late I always called my manager and asked if he was going to charge me for a late even though all 4 lanes of the freeway were closed. If he said "yes", I told him I was heading home ill and that my run would need to be covered. It always worked.
8. Remote Parking: Our ramp expended and killed the personal vehicle parking lot. If you were a manager, sales, or had at least 20 years, you could park in the tiny lot that remained.. If not, you got to ride the airport shuttle, a 15 minute ride to a stop where you then had to walk 1/3rd of a mile into a centrally located timeclock from the bus stop.. If the bus was full or late, too bad. You got a late and eventually an OLCC, which killed your raise chances. Oh, and it added another hour of unpaid time onto your day.
9: You had 12 hours yesterday, so you can only work 6 today. Or 4, or 12 if somebody doesn't show up, but probably 4. Our heads are so far up our butts we can see out our nostrils.

There's so much more, but this is just a start on the lesson of how they screw you every which way they can at every opportunity to avoid paying you money. They are so effing cheap and utterly shameless. please feel free to tune-in tomorrow when the apologist and the shill will both tell me how lucky I was to have ever worked for such a wonderful organization.

PSP, Golden Falcon, and Bravo Zulu to all of you upper management types and your hit-men and women at the station level. Screw all of you for being part of any of this.

yadig

My shill and apologist detractors are always accusing me of hating FedEx, which is absolutely true. I do hate FedEx and Fred with a passion, but my main reason to come on here is to educate people as to just how underhanded, cheap, and nefarious FedEx really is, especially given the current circumstances. But, first, let me take a trip down Memory Lane to remind employees how Fred&Friends have literally done their level best to pick your pocket over the years,

1. Split-Shifts: Need I say any more? If you need a refresher course on this one, let me know.
2. United Way: Manager. "I can put you down for the maximum contribution, right?". Wrong. Every year, FedEx tries to look like a good corporate citizen at YOUR expense. Bugged, pressured, and even threatened with a letter once for telling people to give on their own terms and not be a pawn for Fred. Take that video and stick it high and tight.
3: Weather Lines: I was an RTD for 90% of my career, and we didn't have weather lines, but if the phone rang after 11pm it didn't get answered because A: "We need you to start early", or B; We need you to start late because of weather, MX etc". I never picked up the phone or listened to my answering machine because I wanted to C: Sleep, and then report at my normal 0230 or 0315 start time and get paid for it. As a courier, weather lines are illegal depending on the state you live in, but that won't stop FedEx from calling you when you're in bed, in bed having sex, or in bed having sex with yourself like most managers must because nobody will touch them because they are disgusting individuals.
4: Waiving Minimums: Most prevalent after peak or during economic recessions. One word. NO!
5. FEPAC: Federal Express Political Action Committee. This was a way you could deduct funds directly from your paycheck to go to lobbyists who would then do everything possible to keep you from unionizing and create employer friendly laws for FedEx. Yes, this really existed, and yes, some people were dumb enough to donate to an organization dedicated to screwing the employee.
6.BBQs and Lunches: These were usually UNPAID events in order to celebrate a promotion, retirement or anniversary of significance. Somewhere during your delicious COSTCO burger or hot dog and your puny bad of chips, out comes the clipboard, and "As long as we're all here together celebrating Tom's 10th Anniversary, lets talk for a moment about Code 41s". So, they get a free unpaid meeting for the price of some lousy food and warm soda. I would never attend any of them, and when harassed, my answer was always if :"It's operationally related and important it needs to be paid'.
7.Draconian Attendance Policies: for a long time, you could be 30 seconds late and be charged as if you had the whole day off. Discipline =letters and lower review scores=less money and fewer raises. if there was a fatal accident or emergency on the road and I was going to be unavoidably late I always called my manager and asked if he was going to charge me for a late even though all 4 lanes of the freeway were closed. If he said "yes", I told him I was heading home ill and that my run would need to be covered. It always worked.
8. Remote Parking: Our ramp expended and killed the personal vehicle parking lot. If you were a manager, sales, or had at least 20 years, you could park in the tiny lot that remained.. If not, you got to ride the airport shuttle, a 15 minute ride to a stop where you then had to walk 1/3rd of a mile into a centrally located timeclock from the bus stop.. If the bus was full or late, too bad. You got a late and eventually an OLCC, which killed your raise chances. Oh, and it added another hour of unpaid time onto your day.
9: You had 12 hours yesterday, so you can only work 6 today. Or 4, or 12 if somebody doesn't show up, but probably 4. Our heads are so far up our butts we can see out our nostrils.

There's so much more, but this is just a start on the lesson of how they screw you every which way they can at every opportunity to avoid paying you money. They are so effing cheap and utterly shameless. please feel free to tune-in tomorrow when the apologist and the shill will both tell me how lucky I was to have ever worked for such a wonderful organization.

PSP, Golden Falcon, and Bravo Zulu to all of you upper management types and your hit-men and women at the station level. Screw all of you for being part of any of this.
That sums it up!

AB831

Let's not forget Fat Freddy's world famous late freight. Your son has a baseball game tonight? Hope mom brings a camera. Oh, what's that? You were planning on trying to go see Christmas lights with your family after working 12 hours on a Saturday in December? Sorry about that. A flight from Indy was late. Those Christmas lights will be there when you're 65 and your kids live in another state. Oh... and we're going to doctor your timecard so you don't get paid double time for going over 13 hours. Merry Christmas!

bacha29

Why anyone would decide to remain with this corporation is simply astounding. The new "restructuring" is going to inflict a lot of hardship on those who remain.
Smart contractors would use the addition of air box as a selling point in the hope that they can find some poor unsuspecting slug onto which they can off load what appears certain to be one hell of a mess and do it at a premium price. Rather than to sell it later at a "take it off your hands" price.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
That sums it up!
And all of this was happening while the company didn't keep pace with wages and was cutting perks and benefits. Profit sharing, ESPP, a real pension etc. Oh, and how about "Preventable Injuries" and working off the clock? Conniving, scheming, and unethical.

Lates

Changing the start time drives me nuts. A text at 6am saying the plane is late isn’t good enough notice or my problem.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Or a text at 1230 AM saying they bumped the start time up an hour due to inclement weather.
Changing the start time drives me nuts. A text at 6am saying the plane is late isn’t good enough notice or my problem.
What difference does it make? You show up at your scheduled time and clock in. Report to your manager, and do whatever busy work you’re given until the sort starts.

Play the game by their rules, not by what they make up.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Nobody in Memphis cares about late planes. They’ve had years to fix a lot of the problems but it’s gotten far worse over time.

bacha29

Nobody in Memphis cares about late planes. They’ve had years to fix a lot of the problems but it’s gotten far worse over time.
And as a solution they're sending the bulk of their air freight over to third party air cargo brokers? I wonder if they think that brokers can do a better job?

Cactus

And as a solution they're sending the bulk of their air freight over to third party air cargo brokers? I wonder if they think that brokers can do a better job?
Couldn’t do any worse.

Years ago an OPS manager told us to anticipate late freight due to construction at the Memphis airport runways for the next two months. Even when the construction was done the freight was still just as late as it had been. I’m sure MT3 (or someone with power) did something to ‘eff up the inbound flights during that time.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Couldn’t do any worse.

Years ago an OPS manager told us to anticipate late freight due to construction at the Memphis airport runways for the next two months. Even when the construction was done the freight was still just as late as it had been. I’m sure MT3 (or someone with power) did something to ‘eff up the inbound flights during that time.
MT3 is over running FedEx Freight into the non-profitability. I'm sure all of you miss him on Frontline. God, what a dynamic speaker and motivational giant.

Cactus

MT3 is over running FedEx Freight into the non-profitability. I'm sure all of you miss him on Frontline. God, what a dynamic speaker and motivational giant.
For years we had a great Frontline host, Gina Young who did a great job and was very personable. Then she leaves and FedEx is too cheap to replace her and we got the booby prize MT3 with a never ending patter of "we need more stops per hour" "we'll be cutting routes" or "injuries will now be determined to be preventable or non-preventable."

What a lowering of standards that was.

whenIgetthere

For years we had a great Frontline host, Gina Young who did a great job and was very personable. Then she leaves and FedEx is too cheap to replace her and we got the booby prize MT3 with a never ending patter of "we need more stops per hour" "we'll be cutting routes" or "injuries will now be determined to be preventable or non-preventable."

What a lowering of standards that was.
That guy came to my station one day, biggest a--hole I've ever heard in person in this company.

Cactus

That guy came to my station one day, biggest a--hole I've ever heard in person in this company.
Sorry to hear that.

He came to our station once and they had lost his luggage at one of the airports and that had him all p.o.'d before he stepped into the building. He was a total jackass.

Meat

Never met the guy, but there was a long-term driver that was reinstated by MT3 after being terminated for not showing up to work.

He was called as a last resort due to a massive staffing issue while he was on vacation, and he agreed to come in to work if management agreed to grant him specific vacation dates.

When the time came, management refused to grant the vacation they guaranteed.

The driver went on the trip he booked, and was subsequently fired.

He was denied reinstatement twice, but ultimately reinstated by MT3 during his third and final request.

In fact, MT3 asked local management why on earth they were trying to get rid of a dedicated long-term employee.

True story ladies and gents.