Pilot strike

MAKAVELI

at the end of fiscal year 2023 the Express operating revenue was $1,064B, Ground was $3,140B

The operating income for Q4 2023 was Express $430M and Ground was $1B
April 1st it's all One, so it really doesn't matter how it breaks down. Just like UPS.

Artee

FedEx will always need planes and will need employees to be viable long term.
FDX will only need planes to the extent to serve the needs of a small percentage of customers. A vast majority of the amount the FDX deliveries does not need to be flown. Pretty much how UPS does it. Surface operations comprise the majority of movement of UPS packages. They have air operations as an option for those customers who request that level of service. FDX will eventually be much the same way.

MAKAVELI

FDX will only need planes to the extent to serve the needs of a small percentage of customers. A vast majority of the amount the FDX deliveries does not need to be flown. Pretty much how UPS does it. Surface operations comprise the majority of movement of UPS packages. They have air operations as an option for those customers who request that level of service. FDX will eventually be much the same way.
FedEx has always had more Express volume than UPS. And UPS does it with an all employee workforce. Really don't know why you can't comprehend how a combined network works.

Artee

You know what Legacy means? It means those stations will be doing both Express and Ground with employees. I know you RTD drivers think you know everything but the fact is you really have no clue. Yes they are going to be using more Ground technology because it's newer and Estar and DRA are already big failures.
Exactly. I am glad to see that you understand. You just keep enforcing the points I already made.

MAKAVELI

UPS like. Will win mostly Ground transport and limited air with the cheapest labor they can find.
Doesn't work that way in reality.
This is the cheapest labor FedEx can find.

bacha29

My point was about employee vs contractor model for a combined network. What the hell is your point?
A marker people should use to get a least a fuzzy picture of what is to come....In a discussion some analysists were having that I listened in on, they pointed to Express's 2.5% operating margin, stating that it was an improvement but still not good.

Yes, FDX will still need air freight capabilities but all they'll have to do is call up the air cargo brokers who will be glad to fly it for Fat Freddy. Now what comes taxing up to the FDX gate? You just won't know....Mad Dogs, DC7's, Il76's, army surplus C46's Anything that has an air worthiness certificate....even an expired one.

zeev

Air cargo used to be notorious for flying junk,that was always on the edge. Also crappy drivers has worked out fine for Ground you get what you pay for.

MAKAVELI

A marker people should use to get a least a fuzzy picture of what is to come....In a discussion some analysists were having that I listened in on, they pointed to Express's 2.5% operating margin, stating that it was an improvement but still not good.

Yes, FDX will still need air freight capabilities but all they'll have to do is call up the air cargo brokers who will be glad to fly it for Fat Freddy. Now what comes taxing up to the FDX gate? You just won't know....Mad Dogs, DC7's, Il76's, army surplus C46's Anything that has an air worthiness certificate....even an expired one.
April 1st there won't be any Express or Ground. It will all be accounted for as one.

bacha29

April 1st there won't be any Express or Ground. It will all be accounted for as one.
The date I'm hearing is June 1 which marks the beginning of the new fiscal year which would be customary when creating the new Federal Express Corp If it is as you say April 1 then there would appear that something pretty serious and or dramatic driving what would appear to be an expedited process.

MAKAVELI

The date I'm hearing is June 1 which marks the beginning of the new fiscal year which would be customary when creating the new Federal Express Corp If it is as you say April 1 then there would appear that something pretty serious and or dramatic driving what would appear to be an expedited process.
They moved it up to April 1st.

bacha29

They moved it up to April 1st.
Now to find out why? An anticipated collapse in volume and earnings could be one possibility. Some disgruntled institutional stockholders holding large numbers of shares tired of seeing Express's weak margins? Watch to see if there's growing volatility in the company's stock that cannot be easily explained away.

MAKAVELI

Now to find out why? An anticipated collapse in volume and earnings could be one possibility. Some disgruntled institutional stockholders holding large numbers of shares tired of seeing Express's weak margins? Watch to see if there's growing volatility in the company's stock that cannot be easily explained away.
I have no clue other than they want to spend through on the corporate side.

MAKAVELI

I wonder if it might be a case where some end of the fiscal year bonus money is due so just like the NFL you simply cut them before you have to pay it.
A lot of layoffs in management last week and shuffling of Ground and Express executives along with redoing the districts already.

FedupExpress

The contractor model is dying. More lawsuits coming making the contractors and drivers defacto employees. The only proven way to run a combined network of this size is by an all employee workforce it's being done in AK HI and Canada and eventually the lower 48. .
Sorry bro, fedex needs to save money and avoid bankruptcy

Ground taking over, layoffs, cost cutting, scraping bene's, and overall gutting of the company is the way. Employee model companies are a thing of the past

, look around the USA as well as the world is being destroyed = order out of chaos + build back better
And just what is happening in that station?
Full timers are barely getting their minimums, routes are being absorbed, p2 sent to ground, and most people are looking for jobs outside of fedex one dollar left....

The only thing keeping the station from closing is all the heavy medical pickups in the Irvine and surrounding areas.

Deliveries are disappearing and we did not have any sort of "peak".

MAKAVELI

Sorry bro, fedex needs to save money and avoid bankruptcy

Ground taking over, layoffs, cost cutting, scraping bene's, and overall gutting of the company is the way. Employee model companies are a thing of the past

, look around the USA as well as the world is being destroyed = order out of chaos + build back better

Full timers are barely getting their minimums, routes are being absorbed, p2 sent to ground, and most people are looking for jobs outside of fedex one dollar left....

The only thing keeping the station from closing is all the heavy medical pickups in the Irvine and surrounding areas.

Deliveries are disappearing and we did not have any sort of "peak".
You don't even work there anymore if you ever did. Fake news.

Last edited: