Pilots

Thebrownblob

Ground contractors treat their employees like chattel.
The guy who owns the route in the area I delivered to is constantly on his own route, even though he owns several because he treats people so poorly and pays them so little they quit. And boy does he look pissed
L O L.

The neighbor a few doors down from Me in my neighborhood used to be a FedEx Ground route owner said it was the worst decision he ever made in his life, almost bankrupt him, and gave him health issues.

It will be fine

Oh well we agree on one thing they treat people like trash, I rather enjoy it because I treated them the same, for the pleasure they pay me over 100k a year seven weeks of vacation full coverage, healthcare, and a pension. I’m not there to make friends I don’t care. Any UPS driver that you have was fired because he couldn’t make it here, that’s not personal that’s just a fact, I’m sorry that doesn’t sit well with your narrative.
And I make more money playing the new Zelda from my couch. Some people actually want to spend time with their families, so UPS doesn’t fit for them. Ability is not always the issue, work life balance is a real consideration for many people that enjoy seeing their children grow up.

Thebrownblob

And I make more money playing the new Zelda from my couch. Some people actually want to spend time with their families, so UPS doesn’t fit for them. Ability is not always the issue, work life balance is a real consideration for many people that enjoy seeing their children grow up.
Who would have thought you’re a video game nerd. Never missed a single thing of my kids, were they were growing up. Graduated the last one this year.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
The guy who owns the route in the area I delivered to is constantly on his own route, even though he owns several because he treats people so poorly and pays them so little they quit. And boy does he look pissed
L O L.

The neighbor a few doors down from Me in my neighborhood used to be a FedEx Ground route owner said it was the worst decision he ever made in his life, almost bankrupt him, and gave him health issues.
It’s a suckers job. Like Lou Gehrig said “ I thank the good lord I was a UPS driver”. Something like that, Lol.

UnionStrong

Yeah, some people enjoy paying rent all their lives. You get all the pot heads.

Thebrownblob

It’s a suckers job. Like Lou Gehrig said “ I thank the good lord I was a UPS driver”. Something like that, Lol.
It’s a great job thanks to the Teamsters, also has afforded me the ability to invest in side businesses. One used car lot and my uncles blacktop, paving business. I sleep well.

It will be fine

Like a baby, my slave driving low-wage, paying friend. Making sure to keep people down, Should be keeping you up at night but I’m sure it’s not.
My people with health benefits, their own houses, retirement accounts that get home at 4:30 to see their kids? Ya, I’m really keeping them down. Do you get tired being ignorant and wrong all the time?

UnionStrong

Who would have thought you’re a video game nerd. Never missed a single thing of my kids, were they were growing up. Graduated the last one this year.
I make no apologies for my life, I worked and worked hard to provide for my family. Did I make every single event in my kids life? No. But I busted my hump to make most of them.
My son sent me a hand written Father’s Day card this week, thanking me for being there for him, baseball practices, games, and time spent with him as well as what I provided for him like college and vacations, and what I taught him, that hard work matters. That my brothers, made every hot, cold, difficult day at UPS worth it. I wouldn’t change a thing. I only hope the brothers and sisters that come after me can say the same.

Thebrownblob

I make no apologies for my life, I worked and worked hard to provide for my family. Did I make every single event in my kids life? No. But I busted my hump to make most of them.
My son sent me a hand written Father’s Day card this week, thanking me for being there for him, baseball practices, games, and time spent with him as well as what I provided for him like college and vacations, and what I taught him, that hard work matters. That my brothers, made every hot, cold, difficult day at UPS worth it. I wouldn’t change a thing. I only hope the brothers and sisters that come after me can say the same.
Thankfully, most of the time I had a route sandwiched between two older drivers, who actually make sure I never missed anything when I was helping coach football with my son and going to the dances in volleyball that my daughters were in. When I had some thing, those two guys would meet me and take deliveries and pick ups off me because their kids are already grown and gone. Now I pay it forward.

It will be fine

You keep telling yourself that whatever helps you sleep at night 😉
I appreciate it when my debate opponents concede. Good form.
IMG_6334.gif

UnionStrong

Thankfully, most of the time I had a route sandwiched between two older drivers, who actually make sure I never missed anything when I was helping coach football with my son and going to the dances in volleyball that my daughters were in. When I had some thing, those two guys would meet me and take deliveries and pick ups off me because their kids are already grown and gone. Now I pay it forward.
I had so called “Dutch Uncles” too. Those old timers, many were Nam vets, knew the value of family time.