Plane Crash...UPS contractor

U

upsdude

This plane crash occurred in the Outer Banks area of North Carolina. The Pilot was a contract carrier for UPS. Especially sad news this time of the year. Prayers go out to his family and friends.

D

deliver_man

That's a real shame. What an awful Christmas for his family.

D

dannyboy

So that makes two that have died just in the last few days trying to get the NDA's to the delivery centers.

I guess it is humbling when you think about it. We just take it for granted when we deliver one on time that WE are the only ones that busted butt trying to get there before 10:30. I guess it just aint so. Both families are in my prayers.

d

U

upsdawg

I am sure that we don't think of the millions of miles that we drive every year and the thousands of flights that take off and land every year---that there are going to be some accidents. We are very, very safe and very, very fortunate that these are kept to the absolute minimum.

My prayers go out to all of the people associated with this pilot---it is never a good thing--especially on Christmas Day!

K

kidlogic

I used to fly onto my area to deliver. A island 12 miles of the Maine coast. Landing on a grass strip with no lights and couldnt fly during mud season. Yikes. I know the dangers ,but thats how the island off maine have been getting their mail and medical for 30 years. My prayers are with the pilot.