Planning stops and organizing RPCD

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
How do all of you drivers plan and organize your stops in your package cars? Do you use an app to help navigate?
LiquidForcefulAmericanrobin-small.gif

Undertow

Pack the shelves as tight as possible and make sure preload has properly "lip-loaded" so the parcels aren't falling into the dump stops. If I can can spot the addresses on enough irregs on the floor, I'll try to get as many as possible delivered during the air trace. On the overwhelming majority of routes I've had time on, getting the middle clean as early as possible allows for having better options as the day goes along.

COVID has made it somewhat more challenging. There's been several times I've had anywhere from a half dozen to as much as 40 packages for a business stop only to arrive and find the place closed due to an employee tested positive for the virus. That can be unpleasant to contend with when your truck is at risk of blowing out on pickup volume.

Whereistheunion

How do all of you drivers plan and organize your stops in your package cars? Do you use an app to help navigate?
Take some tote boxes, use them for smalls pickup pieces. Keep your (exception) pkgs AP, No such person, etc etc; separate from send agains. In regards to load quality, well their is not much you can do to change that, at the end of your day the Diad will prompt you at the Vehicle mileage screen how was your load quality click terrible and give reasons why.

Heavy Package

Im gonna assume u sort ur packages by either grouping postal codes together or looking at a map book and try planning it from there...

Why are there weirdos in this world who come on here and give a S* about how UPS drivers sort or deliver their packages? It's like a fetish from an ugly, fat chick that no one wants to see.

UPSer_BC

Why are there weirdos in this world who come on here and give a S* about how UPS drivers sort or deliver their packages? It's like a fetish from an ugly, fat chick that no one wants to see.
So I can improve my work day and be less stressed out figuring out which stop is next and where to go. If you can’t help then shut it.

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
So I can improve my work day and be less stressed out figuring out which stop is next and where to go. If you can’t help then shut it.
you are very clearly not a ups driver. and dont say canada. hey Canadian brothers and sisters, do you all use an electeonic devise that has your stops planned, clearly mark and ahows where your packages are? (the hi probability of the package actually being where it should it slim to none i know).

dont come on here, to our space and tell our members to shut it.

i challange you to prove your employment with ups.

now giiit, as i said before, youve come to the wrong saloon

MrBates

Back when I started we had this thing called a map where it showed streets and stuff. And sometimes when the map wasn't updated we drove around until we found it.

Had a conversation with a driver the other day. He was crying about not having a cradle for the GPS. According to him the day goes by easier when he just drives to the "dot".

Heavy Package

You do not work for UPS. It is obvious. You are a tool in college or some :censored2: professor trying to do a "study" and think you will be then next Elon Musk or Jeff Bezos. Pathetic.

Iamsomebody

All I do is confirm my airs,make sure I have a hand truck and go. If dispatch and the preload supervisors don't care neither do I. Yesterday I was probably close to two hours over because of load quality. Had multiple furniture irregs up the middle and a business bulkstop consisting of 18 big ass boxes dispatched to the 3000 section and loaded partially on the shelf and on the floor. To top it off the business has inconsistent hours and didn't open until after 10:00.