Please help out a fellow UPS'er

@Darren Meinke Your account is brand new and this is your first post. Any way for me to verify this isn't a scam?
You can read my update post below for more info. No, this is not a scam and I know you are only trying to protect people. If you need any further info you can private message me. I would really appreciate it if you could approve a link to the GoFundMe site I have set up. My supervisor started donations at work, but I know that is like the snail mail way of funding a cause and I thought I could help out by setting up a crowdsource fund and reaching out to as many UPS'ers as possible, or anyone else who wants to give. He is a fantastic guy and we would hate to lose him.

gingerkat

If you guys can get outside DI coverage great! A lot of carriers will not cover you and if they do, you will pay a lot of money. I just looked at my other place and there are number of topics about UPS employees.

Cancer coverage or CI (critical illness) is one thing that more and more companies are getting into. The thing is, some states have really strict guidelines. But insurance is definitely a gamble. If you're sick and don't have you wish you did...

Packmule

Another reason why I cant stress enough to get the Aflac.
I'm puzzled. I have health insurance that would pay %100 of any medical bills mentioned by others in this thread. All I want is a much better plan to replace lost wages if I am sick or injured. Can I do that through Aflac?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you just put a /6qmouk after the gofundme address it will take you there, or you can search for Darren Meinke on facebook and I have created a group page called
UPS Lance Strege Family Medical Fund

His story checks out.

I politely suggest that you lose the logo from your facebook page as potential donors may get the feeling that this fundraiser is sponsored or endorsed by UPS.

I do hope that you are able to meet your fundraising goal. Unfortunately I do not donate to causes with which I am not familiar.

BTW, I was blown away by the number of frivolous fundraising requests I found on GoFundMe. This is obviously not one of them but I can certainly see why people are wary of contributing to online solicitations.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm puzzled. I have health insurance that would pay %100 of any medical bills mentioned by others in this thread. All I want is a much better plan to replace lost wages if I am sick or injured. Can I do that through Aflac?

I can't give an informed opinion on Aflac but I know that the benefits paid by Combined are in addition to any comp or STD/LTD benefits---while they do not replace all of the lost wages they do come pretty close.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
The Aflac will pay you for everything. Say for example you just had the disability coverage they give you a set number of cash for that based on your pay. If you had the other 2 policies that I have and you have 100 percent coverage, that's extra money on top of the disability that you just put in your pocket. For example if you have a 20k surgery and Aflac gives you say 20 percent(just throwing out a number) that's 4k you put in your pocket. They have a set amount for every thing they give you but just kind of wanted to explain sort of how it works.

over9five

Staff member
Thank you so much for the link. I changed the page title to make it easier to find. GoFundMe requires manual approval and at least $100 donated in order to add us to the search engine on the site. I think that we are over $1200 now so I think they will add us soon.
You're welcome, good luck!

gingerkat

Jump,
I get you're pushing Aflac because they've helped you right? Cool beans. But, firstly your HR MUST allow them in the door to even do presentation. Aflac only runs through companies or persons already involved (i.e. spouses with Aflac). Aflac has such a dirty reputation out there, that many companies hang up as soon as the name pops up on caller ID.

They also have some dirty sales tactics and many stories out there of slow pay or even worse, no pays. I know they have helped many people, but like I said, they aren't the only game in town. There are more affordable options out there. Aflac can only sell you their product, if you go to an independent agent, they will shop the market and find you the best options for you, the client.

Department of Insurance: What kind of insurance plan do you sell to your client?
Ethical agent/producer/broker: One he/she can afford

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I was explaining it to a fellow driver the other day and he asked can you just cancel coverage after you come back from work? I said yeah but I was thinking in the back of my mind like dude your a complete :censored2: lol. I was like why would you cancel it after you went out with an injury. You think your :censored2: aint going to get hurt again in the 14 years you got left until you retire, getting beat down like a dog everyday lol. That's the mentality these idiots I work with have, complete morons. 82 fulltime drivers and only 4 have Aflac. Good luck paying your bills and struggling like a mother from being out of work for a while lol.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
We have a good guy. You don't send your stuff to Aflac you fax him all your stuff because he will get you the most money. Hes a black guy who is a church man. Very nice and respectable human being. I have nothing but respect for the man as he has been fair and honest and has done a great job with getting our guys their payments quickly.