Please post any station blood letting....

DontThrowPackages

We know it happens every year when, just after new years, things that flew before peak are now all of a sudden grounds for termination. Now that its all over, please keep the forum abreast on any "firing" at yours or other stations that you hear of. Just or unjust, I think it'd be good to know.

whenIgetthere

No firings, but three retirements the past two weeks. All three routes are being eliminated and rolled into the other routes in the loop. One of them I can see happening, the other two will be a problem.

Doc Sorting Dude

We had one courier fired because they found out he was driving with an expired license. Rumor had it he had an unreported DUI and decided to ride out employment with FDX as long as he could.

Pimpedoutatjgx

Our sm told us during peak that we could take 20-30 min break for a full 13hr day and it would be okay. That definitely ain't flyin now... Then mgmt went ahead and "put in" a break during our 4hr long sort..

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Our sm told us during peak that we could take 20-30 min break for a full 13hr day and it would be okay. That definitely ain't flyin now... Then mgmt went ahead and "put in" a break during our 4hr long sort..

Always on their terms. During peak, it's whatever they need. Now, if you needed to take a short break so you could make an appointment or go to your kid's soccer game, you'd get an OLCC or letter.

DontThrowPackages

Happen 4 times at our station during this peak. This "Cartman" type made a few copies just in case it comes back to him, it will come back on two people above his pay grade as well.

!Retired!

We had one courier fired because they found out he was driving with an expired license. Rumor had it he had an unreported DUI and decided to ride out employment with FDX as long as he could.
If that's true, he deserved termination. He shouldn't have even been driving TO work, let alone a company vehicle.
I was taking 30 minute breaks before and during peak. I still take 30 minute breaks. I could take 2 - 20minute breaks, if I choose to.

DontThrowPackages

If that's true, he deserved termination. He shouldn't have even been driving TO work, let alone a company vehicle.

I was taking 30 minute breaks before and during peak. I still take 30 minute breaks. I could take 2 - 20minute breaks, if I choose to.
Still doesn't equal 20 minutes. Does it?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Manager(s) should be terminated for falsifying your timecards. Entering a "break" that you didn't get or acknowledge is blatant falsification and stealing your money. Contact your state labor board immediately.