Plugging in my electric car on UPS property

clean hairy

I guess I am reading the question of the OP to ask
"can I refill my electric car with fuel from UPS (electricity) without having to pay for refueling my vehicle?"
I would think that would be similar to asking if a person can refill their gas tank at the UPS gas pumps without having to pay.
Or, am incorrect in my interpretation?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
What are the UPS policies as far as plugging in my personal electric car on UPS property? Do they even have a policy for electric cars? I thought big brown had a green reputation...
You obviously do not understand the UPS culture of distrust and suspicion.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
I think it's a valid concern.

You wanted to be a pilot, correct? Did you read the article on China hiring new pilots...over 5,000 per year for the next 20 years and they are paying double or triple the salary of new pilots here.

Sorry for the derail, I thought the article was interesting.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

And without spending anything on advertisements. I see fed ex commercials all the time. Fed ex sponsored halftime shows. When's the last time you saw a UPS commercial? UPS, not UPS store.

Yesterday.

The company has been running "help wanted" ads on our local TV stations for their Vermont facilities for the past month or so.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Probably right. But I'll be darned if I don't see a UPS truck in every movie I watch over the weekends. We might prefer to go at it subliminally.

It's called product placement.

Sometimes we pay for it and other times it is a coincidence.

The opening scene of "House" had a UPS truck parked outside the front of the hospital.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I just hate when customers sneak up on me in their electric car. Scares the crap out of me and they think it's hilarious.

Back when remote starters first came out I was at our local Chevy dealership and the guys in the service department thought they would have a little fun with me by starting and stopping a car that was parked next to my PC.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
The Nissan Leaf has an effective range of less than 50 miles on a full charge. It is 150 miles to my daughter's house. I could either stop 3 times along the way or buy a really long extension cord.

The Leaf was never intended to be anything more than a city car.

You could buy a Bolt or a Tesla 3, and with tax credits, it would probably cost less than a new Altima.

JL 0513

I have a feeling many electric car buyers are going to have this attitude that they are entitled to free charging because in some cases they do get it. Tesla offers it at their stations but that's part of a very expensive car purchase.

Electricity isn't free and it isn't all that clean. Funny people think it's green. You have huge batteries that eat up massive resources to produce and the majority of electricity to continually recharge them comes from burning coal.