Plugging in my electric car on UPS property

rod

Retired 22 years
Get a good vehicle and you won't need no stinkin' block heater. Lol?

Years ago when I used to plug my car in when I didn't have a garage I didn't do it so much for starting purposes but so that when first started I had almost instant heat coming out of the heater. I hated getting half way to work before the car heated up.

Rodney25

I guess I am reading the question of the OP to ask
"can I refill my electric car with fuel from UPS (electricity) without having to pay for refueling my vehicle?"
I would think that would be similar to asking if a person can refill their gas tank at the UPS gas pumps without having to pay.
Or, am incorrect in my interpretation?

It would cost UPS about 25 cents to refill my battery from what I used to drive in. If they wanted I would pay the cost.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
What are the UPS policies as far as plugging in my personal electric car on UPS property? Do they even have a policy for electric cars? I thought big brown had a green reputation...
I drive my car all week on a tank of gas, no problem.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
th

clean hairy

The Nissan Leaf has an effective range of less than 50 miles on a full charge. It is 150 miles to my daughter's house. I could either stop 3 times along the way or buy a really long extension cord.
Or, you could buy a $100 Harbor Freight gas generator and a small trailer.
That way you could charge the battery while driving.
Defeats the purpose of electric only, though.

clean hairy

I have a feeling many electric car buyers are going to have this attitude that they are entitled to free charging because in some cases they do get it. Tesla offers it at their stations but that's part of a very expensive car purchase.

Electricity isn't free and it isn't all that clean. Funny people think it's green. You have huge batteries that eat up massive resources to produce and the majority of electricity to continually recharge them comes from burning coal.
I have a feeling many electric car buyers are going to have this attitude that they are entitled to free charging because in some cases they do get it. Tesla offers it at their stations but that's part of a very expensive car purchase.

Electricity isn't free and it isn't all that clean. Funny people think it's green. You have huge batteries that eat up massive resources to produce and the majority of electricity to continually recharge them comes from burning coal.
I posted this old Top Gear clip awhile back.
Jeremy gives a short overview about what is involved with making the batteries for hybrid/electric cars. Thought it might be fitting to post it again since there is discussion about batteries.