Plugging in my electric car on UPS property

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
You wanted to be a pilot, correct? Did you read the article on China hiring new pilots...over 5,000 per year for the next 20 years and they are paying double or triple the salary of new pilots here.

Sorry for the derail, I thought the article was interesting
I have a friend that is looking at doing just that. It's pretty incredible looking at the growth they are experiencing. The school I went to had a contract with the Chinese airlines to train their pilots. They would send them out here to train for 18 months, from no experience to commercial airline pilots. The students basically sign a contract for life to work for the airline.

I would never do it though. Living conditions suck and flying there is very difficult. With the exception of some pretty small areas the US Airspace is accessible to everyone. In China only 20% of the airspace is open to the public and it is 100% controlled by the military. So if they want to do any kind of operations they'll shut down airspace the size of Texas to do it without any kind of warning. 3+ hour delays out of Beijing and Shanghai aren't unheard of. Think about that in the US perspective, delays like that in New York or LA would make national news, that's just a normal day there.

The place to go right now is actually Dubai. I have a buddy who graduated 2 years ago that is making 140k a year flying 777s for Emirates. Dude can easily be a captain making 200k+ by the time he's 30. He loves Dubai, says there is always a party to go to. He just loves it.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
[QU

OTE="cosmo1, post: 2521996, member: 13442"]Wrong.

This is the anti-electric Ford:

View attachment 108772[/QUOTE]

That's a diesel. They get 18-20 mph. If they get the chip installed. They get close to 25. I've got the v10. Gets 11mpg. Tops

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
[QU

OTE="cosmo1, post: 2521996, member: 13442"]Wrong.

This is the anti-electric Ford:

View attachment 108772

That's a diesel. They get 18-20 mph. If they get the chip installed. They get close to 25. I've got the v10. Gets 11mpg. Tops[/QUOTE]

11 mpg out of a Ford V-10? You have a winner.

I drove a 2016 Expedition EL with the 3.5 Ecoboost about 100 miles a couple months ago. I was lucky to get 15-16 mpg.

When did Ford quit making the Excursion barges?

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
That's a diesel. They get 18-20 mph. If they get the chip installed. They get close to 25. I've got the v10. Gets 11mpg. Tops

11 mpg out of a Ford V-10? You have a winner.

I drove a 2016 Expedition EL with the 3.5 Ecoboost about 100 miles a couple months ago. I was lucky to get 15-16 mpg.

When did Ford quit making the Excursion barges?[/QUOTE]

Stopped making them in 2006. Got mine (03) just months before gas shot to 4 bucks. Starting to look for another vehicle soon. This one will start costing me in parts soon. Runs well though

rod

Retired 22 years
I don't give a rats butt what my mileage is. I needed something with enough balls to pull my toy hauler. You can have a choice -- good mileage or a truck you can actually do something with. There really isn't any in-betweens. Even the trucks that are claiming good mileage fall on their face when you hook some weight to them. An Eco-boost that gets 20-23 mpg empty will only get about 6 or 7 if you pull a load with it.

clean hairy

Yes I do except for very cold winter days I run out of battery and the gas engine kicks on for the last 3 or 4 miles. I just prefer not using gas.
SERIOUSLY????????????????
To go from home to work and back home might cost you 1 /10 of a gallon of gas. (20 cents maybe)
So, you want the company to give you 25 cents of electricity to save you 20 cents in gas?
I must really be missing something here!