PM Air Driver

Cgs1226

Recently put signed a bid sheet for part time air driver. What type of hours is that? Also heard that the pay is great after 2 years.

ibleedbrown

anywhere from 430-10pm usually around 4 hours a day, top air driver rate in my area is 26.14 after 2 years. check your union handbook for more details.

Cgs1226

Ok thanks for the input. Just wanted to see if it will interfere with my second job. I think top rate in my hub is around there also but it will be worth it for practice because I essentially want to become Full Time Driver.

ibleedbrown

imo it will be good experience and you will be better off than not having any experience at all but nothing could prepare you for the amount of work they will throw at you as a full time driver lol. sign up for Saturday air as well.

Cgs1226

Ya Im a dog so Im ok will all of the work. And yes signing every single one that comes at me. Signed full time driver also but I just gained seniority so not getting my hopes up, all in good time.

BurntSienna

It is good practice. I'm a PT air driver. Also work preload and drive Saturdays. Still waiting for a shot to go full time. In the meantime, I'm gaining a lot of experience and area knowledge that will help me when I'm a cover driver

PT Car Washer

I have been covering for a vacationing PM Air driver the last 5 weeks. Really not looking forward to when he comes back. Hoping he will decide to retire so I can have it permanent.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Ok thanks for the input. Just wanted to see if it will interfere with my second job. I thinkk top rate in my hub is around there also but it will be worth it for practice because I essentially want to become Full Time Driver.
Are you familiar with the DOT HOS regulations? (Department of Transportation Hours of Service)

Last edited: