Police Brutality & Executions

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Not going to be a popular response with you but I'm not sold on Beck ever being on that reservation to begin with. I think Beck is about Beck and he'll go on or off the reservation as it suits his needs.

Perhaps. I'm just surprised that he went there.

MAKAVELI

I don't know why but the first thing that came to my mind was --- this guy was never in the service. JMO ----- Unfortunately the streets are full of wannabes.
The guy looks like the real deal to me. He looked like he could take 5 of those cops on at the same time.

Nimnim

The Nim
Eric Garner killed by revenue agents for tax violations.

Yep, it's the politicians at fault for creating laws the officers are to enforce that puts people into situations where they react in ways that causes harm.

No sarcasm here, forget the person who violated the law, forget the officer who enforced it, point the blame at the politicians that ultimately caused it by pushing such bs laws in the first place.

The politicians are to blame first, after that you can blame an officer who may enforce too harshly as well as a person in violation of the law acting in a manner that causes more aggression.

wkmac

Yep, it's the politicians at fault for creating laws the officers are to enforce that puts people into situations where they react in ways that causes harm.

No sarcasm here, forget the person who violated the law, forget the officer who enforced it, point the blame at the politicians that ultimately caused it by pushing such bs laws in the first place.

The politicians are to blame first, after that you can blame an officer who may enforce too harshly as well as a person in violation of the law acting in a manner that causes more aggression.

Don't pass a law that you are not prepared to kill for in order to enforce. Ultimately all laws are enforced under the threat of death.

Nimnim

The Nim
Don't pass a law that you are not prepared to kill for in order to enforce. Ultimately all laws are enforced under the threat of death.

I'd say common sense says otherwise, but the cynic in me remembers that, at least in the current political environment, the people passing such laws don't care about the people the laws impact only if they can disillusion enough people to keep voting for them.

You wouldn't expect a law telling people to only park on one side of the street on weekends else they face a fine to lead to a death, but add in the reaction of those served with said fine and other existing laws, like resisting arrest or assaulting an officer of the law, and it could very well end up in an altercation that results in death.

MAKAVELI

And get shot trying it. Nothing like trying to get the cops to aggravated. He sounded like a cracked record.
Having served in Iraq I don't think he was in fear of his life. But it's surprising how the police reacted or how they didn't react to him vs civilian protester. I would bet my house had he not been wearing his uniform, he probably would've been shot.

Nimnim

The Nim
I say cynic in my last post, but I'm not sure if realist would be more accurate. It's late and I should have slept hours ago, but I crave a good discussion sometimes.

wkmac

I'd say common sense says otherwise, but the cynic in me remembers that, at least in the current political environment, the people passing such laws don't care about the people the laws impact only if they can disillusion enough people to keep voting for them.

You wouldn't expect a law telling people to only park on one side of the street on weekends else they face a fine to lead to a death, but add in the reaction of those served with said fine and other existing laws, like resisting arrest or assaulting an officer of the law, and it could very well end up in an altercation that results in death.

Thus my point. The assumption is that some governing body has the absolute right to pass any law and thus the enforcers (police) have the absolute right to enforce it. If this be true, Hitler's holocaust was justified in that his government has the right to pass the law and thus his police has the right to enforce it thus the people have no standing to resist. Our country thus has no right to invade and impede their will either.