Police pursuit ends in gunfire after armed robbery

Indecisi0n

Then shoot the suspect, not ten feet down the side of the truck. Lmfao.
First off they are shooting blindly into a truck so no matter what they did it wasn't going to turn out well . Secondly most cops can't shot for :censored2: anyway.

Its going to be a real shame if they find out it was officer fire that killed that driver .

ManInBrown

In what world did those cops think it was OK to start a full out gunfight in traffic like that? Im sorry but thats just flat out wrong. Imagine sitting in traffic minding your own business and 80 cops roll up out of nowhere and start filming a western shootout on the hood of your car.

Bob11B

I’m a big supporter of the police but this is completely unacceptable. Blind firing with no regard to the public or the hostage. I honestly cannot think of a worse (and realistic) outcome.

Airbear

That's a disgusting and unnecessary outcome. Understood that the cops will be amped up, even the inevitability of having to return fire when fired upon... But there's no excuse for the mass unloading and extreme lack of fire discipline. If they had to shoot, fine, but understanding that there could be hostages, and many other bystanders around by default, this response is just murderous.
These people have no idea what the heck they're doing. They shouldn't be carrying guns.

RIP brother. I hope something can be learned or changed from your loss.

Bluefootedoobie

Damage Inc.
I’m assuming that they presumed the driver was killed and unloaded in response to that...but then again, did some copper “take the shot,” missed; Then the crooks reacted to that, executed him, then they got offed?

Hadjabear

In what world did those cops think it was OK to start a full out gunfight in traffic like that? Im sorry but thats just flat out wrong. Imagine sitting in traffic minding your own business and 80 cops roll up out of nowhere and start filming a western shootout on the hood of your car.
Imagine sitting in traffic minding your own business and 80 cops roll up out of nowhere and stand around with their thumbs up their butts while your wife and child take stray bullets from the criminal, I bet you'd be crying why didn't the cops open fire then.

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
Why I agree you shouldn't be shooting into the truck while a hostage is in there but once the suspect opens fire they really have no choice.
They started shooting because the cops were rushing to the truck with guns drawn. The cops should of stayed back and kept it contained and treated it as the hostage situation that it was. They were completely overwhelmingly surrounded so they weren't going anywhere. The cops for way to close and rushed the robbers. They screwed up everything!

oldngray

nowhere special
It's also not very hard to imagine that happening . Say you have 12 officers on the scene with guns drawn. If they all empty just one clip which standard police Glocks carry 15 rounds that's 180 shots fired.
Once one of them starts firing the rest usually empty their guns too. May not continue after reloading but probably will fire that first magazine dry.