Poll: APWA-Support or Oppose

Do You Support or Oppose the APWA's Attempt to Kick the IBT to the Curb?

• Yes. It's time for a change for the better!

Votes: 48 51.1%
  • No. I'm a Teamster all the way! The APWA is a union buster!

Votes: 25 26.6%
  • Maybe. I'm skeptical right now. The APWA hasn't earned their wings yet.

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • I don't care. Neither can fix our pension problem.

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters

MissedBusiness

NotReallyAMember
I think a lot of folks may vote for the APWA in this poll simply to send a message. When it comes right down to a REAL vote I think the Teamsters will win hands down.

Overpaid Union Thug

I'm not so sure about that. I'm also not sure that you are wrong. At this point I think it's all on the APWA and another group that I will mention later in this post. How well they spread the word is key. Many people out there just don't know about them yet. They seem to be focusing on the hubs so the outlying centers don't even know they exist. I think the majority of the people that know about them support them in private but at work say nothing. I don't blame them. Some people get their pantys twisted up in a double knot when they hear someone bad mouth the Teamsters. It's strange though because in my center even those guys have stopped taking up for them.

It will ultimately come down to the voters. If people really are concerned they will vote. The group with the most power will play the biggest role in the outcome and I'm not talking about the IBT or the APWA. I'm talking about the "I don't Care" crowd that never votes. If they truly care about what happens and would just put pen to paper come voting time then they will be the ones that decide the outcome. Well, I'll be damned...this is starting to sound like a "Rock the Vote" commercial on MTV.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
This poll also let anybody vote in it, including management and people that have never worked at UPS.:wink:

sawdusttv

BOY, If that isn't true teamster fashion!
Since the poll is going against the teamsters lets disclaim it by saying that management and non UPSers are involved.
These teamster cheerleaders are so predictable!
LIES AND DECEPTION!! LIES AND DECEPTION!!
THE TEAMSTER BATTLE CRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brett636

Looks like the support of the APWA is waning. Everytime I check this thread the APWA has a smaller percentage of the votes.

Overpaid Union Thug

Looks like the support of the APWA is waning. Everytime I check this thread the APWA has a smaller percentage of the votes.

The skeptical votes are what is driving the percentage for APWA support down. Not the Teamsters supporters. Either way...I bet all of you IBT Dogs are happy this is only a Brown Cafe poll and not the vote that counts.

over9five

Staff member
As was said before, the only reason APWA is winning is because it doesn't count.

It just won't happen in the real world.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
BOY, If that isn't true teamster fashion!
Since the poll is going against the teamsters lets disclaim it by saying that management and non UPSers are involved.
These teamster cheerleaders are so predictable!

I'm not favoring the Teamsters or APWA, I was just making an observation that Polls are very misleading. In the political world, the only poll that counts is an Exit Poll.:cool:

Bill

I'm not favoring the Teamsters or APWA, I was just making an observation that Polls are very misleading. In the political world, the only poll that counts is an Exit Poll.:cool:
Correction. The exit poll in the 2004 election (Bush-Kerry) showed that Kerry won the election. Bush, regrettably was declared the winner, even though I think the election was rigged.

nospinzone

Scratch is right. Notice there are over 500 views but only fifty votes. People that are voting are motivated for personal reasons, and this can skew the numbers.

Scratch, APWA was in Atlanta today for a freight meeting. I take it you didn't attend since you're in front of your computer?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Scratch, APWA was in Atlanta today for a freight meeting. I take it you didn't attend since you're in front of your computer?

I had no idea that APWA was in town today, I have not heard of them except for the internet. I have never heard anybody talk about them at my Hub, if I mention them, I just get puzzled looks. The Atlanta Local went for Leedham last IBT election, we are Central States and very unhappy with Hoffa. I would like to see a decertification vote happen, I just don't think that it will be in the near future.