2020 Presidential Election - Polls Indicate a Toss-Up

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
If anything, I am being gentle with my language...

To be factual: the USA is sucking hard.

Here is the only source you need. A running tally of death of some notable countries...

New Zealand: 22
S. Korea: 309
China: 4.634
Spain: 28,813
France: 30,480
Italy: 35,418
UK: 41,403
India: 54,975
Mexico: 59,106
Brazil: 112,423
USA: 177,424

Make America Great, indeed.

One doesn't need to play games with numbers. One doesn't need statistics like "deaths per capita".

Because all lives have equal value. And more Americans are dead than anyone else.

But the media you listen to has convinced you that American deaths have less meaning than those of other countries. 177k dead? That's not so bad if you look at "death's per capita", because the more people you have around, the less value in any individual life.

You've been bamboozled by statistics. It happens. But it's sad to see.
I said look at the death per capita numbers.
Apparently I should have said look up the definition of deaths per capita, because you just listed total deaths.

This isn't hard buddy, I'm not sure why you can't keep up.

Yak

Here's a stat. 3% of those deaths happened to people 44 or younger. 90% happened to those 55 or older. Mostly with pre-existing conditions. The higher the age group, the more deaths. Let's get back to work, back to school, stop using fear to control everyone or influence elections.

You did. You said they don't matter. Right here ^

Then when called on it, you advise that there will be countless other deaths. Not deaths grounded in fact, but in your imagination. Probably, maybe people will die from a myriad of other factors that are loosely related to anti-pandemic measures. You think.

Meanwhile, 177k real Americans are already dead. It's fact. And you look at it and offer some comforting fantasy that makes it seem less bad to you.

Things are bad in the USA. Worse than anywhere else. And the person leading the country during this crisis is President Donald J Trump.

He's doing a bad job, and people are trying really hard to convince themselves otherwise.

Yak

I said look at the death per capita numbers.
Apparently I should have said look up the definition of deaths per capita, because you just listed total deaths.

This isn't hard buddy, I'm not sure why you can't keep up.

You didn't read my post. Read the part below the stats. What you are trying to call me out on is my entire point.

vantexan

Then when called on it, you advise that there will be countless other deaths. Not deaths grounded in fact, but in your imagination. Probably, maybe people will die from a myriad of other factors that are loosely related to anti-pandemic measures. You think.

Meanwhile, 177k real Americans are already dead. It's fact. And you look at it and offer some comforting fantasy that makes it seem less bad to you.

Things are bad in the USA. Worse than anywhere else. And the person leading the country during this crisis is President Donald J Trump.

He's doing a bad job, and people are trying really hard to convince themselves otherwise.
Hmm, I don't see the words "don't matter." So you don't think there are any deadly ramifications to completely shutting down the economy? You obviously are very intuitive. You can read minds. So tell me what we should do to handle this crisis? And will how we handle it change dramatically if Biden should win?

vantexan

By the way, things are much worse in China.

Yak

Hmm, I don't see the words "don't matter." So you don't think there are any deadly ramifications to completely shutting down the economy? You obviously are very intuitive. You can read minds. So tell me what we should do to handle this crisis? And will how we handle it change dramatically if Biden should win?

Then what is the point of your statistic?

You said most people dying are older than 55.

What makes the statistic significant to you?

vantexan

Then what is the point of your statistic?

You said most people dying are older than 55.

What makes the statistic significant to you?
Most workers are under 55. Most deaths are actually 65 and older but the stat I saw said 90% of all deaths were 55 and older. So let's get workers back to work. Older people can do what they're already doing, staying home. Doesn't mean we don't have to wear masks or social distance. And people are already working. Let everyone else work. Stop fear mongering.

Yak

Most workers are under 55. Most deaths are actually 65 and older but the stat I saw said 90% of all deaths were 55 and older. So let's get workers back to work. Older people can do what they're already doing, staying home. Doesn't mean we don't have to wear masks or social distance. And people are already working. Let everyone else work. Stop fear mongering.

Oh, I'm sorry I jumped to conclusions there.

I agree with all of that.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You didn't read my post. Read the part below the stats. What you are trying to call me out on is my entire point.
So your entire point is that America has a big population. Cool story bro.

You posted that America has done very poorly compared to other countries. I proved you wrong, which is why you're deflecting.

El Correcto

god is dead
So your entire point is that America has a big population. Cool story bro.
You posted that America has done very poorly compared to other countries. I proved you wrong, which is why you're deflecting.
I like it when they decide to flip in here, fresh from the latest New York Slimes “we got drumph this time!!”

El Correcto

god is dead
1597990802424.jpeg

1597990824719.jpeg

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

You just stated “things are bad in the USA, worse than anywhere else”. Lie!

“He’s doing a bad job“. Please explain how? and exactly what miraculous gameplan does Biden have to end COVID besides mandatory mask wearing and forced shut downs till a vaccine is approved and distributed. I am guessing he thinks that he is such a fine upstanding gentleman that if he is elected this virus will mysteriously disappear and all our other problems will also. His integrity will bring peace and harmony to the world, and you talk about fantasies.

177,000 dead because of China’s failure to contain the spread from coming to our borders. We have documented records of what Biden and the Dems were saying about this virus back in January thru March that Trump was over reacting with his travel bans or China is our friend and would never lie to us.

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
If anything, I am being gentle with my language...

To be factual: the USA is sucking hard.

Here is the only source you need. A running tally of death of some notable countries...

New Zealand: 22
S. Korea: 309
China: 4.634
Spain: 28,813
France: 30,480
Italy: 35,418
UK: 41,403
India: 54,975
Mexico: 59,106
Brazil: 112,423
USA: 177,424

Make America Great, indeed.

One doesn't need to play games with numbers. One doesn't need statistics like "deaths per capita".

Because all lives have equal value. And more Americans are dead than anyone else.

But the media you listen to has convinced you that American deaths have less meaning than those of other countries. 177k dead? That's not so bad if you look at "death's per capita", because the more people you have around, the less value in any individual life.

You've been bamboozled by statistics. It happens. But it's sad to see.

There are so many fake deaths. They even added george floyd to the Corona tally.

How do you feel about the average age of a covid death is 80 while the average life span of an american is 78?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Well, Biden was able to read one speech and with the bar being set so low, the media had to change their underwear as Joe was able to get through it. No mention of key problems going on right now but the election is over.

vantexan

Well, Biden was able to read one speech and with the bar being set so low, the media had to change their underwear as Joe was able to get through it. No mention of key problems going on right now but the election is over.
Maybe they won't hide him from debating Trump now.