• Yes

Votes: 23 33.8%
  • No

Votes: 45 66.2%
  • I'm not intelligent enough to figure it out.. Need salespitch

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

#1angelfan

I AM GOING TO VOTE NO. I DON'T LIKE THE SPLIT RAISES. WE DO NOT GET OUR FULL RAISE UNTIL FEB.1ST. SO HALF THE YEAR WE ARE ONLY GETTING HALF OF THE RAISE.:mad:

david426

Re:New Poll: Yes or No on the New Contract

on the other post, people voted from rumors. now they can vote from fact.

Old UPS Driver.. I started the New Poll because the old pole started on October 3 2007.. We had absolutely no information or credible info at this time.. Just Rumors.. Actually I should have waited about another week to post this poll.. Many folks still don't have the New agreement info or just plain have not had time to download it.. Remember its only been 2 days... Don't you think a poll based on the FACTS is better than one based on RUMORS???:confused:1

moreluck

golden ticket member
#1angel....what if you got your full raise and it actually raised you to a new level tax bracket and you actually lose most of it ?? Better to get half and get all of it and then get another half later. JMHO

You arn't getting half your raise in Aug. and half in Feb. You're getting a full .35 raise in Aug. and another full .35 raise in Feb.

mule

I am going to vote NO. Why?

1. We can do better with how the raises are constructed

2. The contract states that UPS will create 20,000 new jobs for part-timers. However, UPS does not have to tell us until 60 days after the contract is ratified what those jobs are and when they would be available. This is a red flag.

3. Part-timer starting pay is very low

4. Health benefits for part-timers should be adjusted.

These are a few that come to mind. I know I will find more as I finish reading through the contract.

bear123

2. The contract states that UPS will create 20,000 new jobs for part-timers. However, UPS does not have to tell us until 60 days after the contract is ratified what those jobs are and when they would be available. This is a red flag.

These are a few that come to mind. I know I will find more as I finish reading through the contract.

Did I miss something here. I though I read on makeupsdeliver.org that there will be no new combo jobs in the next contrct.

Braveheart

You arn't getting half your raise in Aug. and half in Feb. You're getting a full .35 raise in Aug. and another full .35 raise in Feb.
If I have been getting my full raises Aug 1 of every year then yes it is half and half. They are holding my money and making money off my money.

Plus there is a contract article that states that they can take .35 of each years raise to put to pension without our approval!!!!!!!

I thought UPS was bragging about how much better their pension was then why am I helping pay for it!!!!!

If I have been getting my full raises Aug 1 of every year then yes it is half and half. They are holding my money and making money off my money.

Plus there is a contract article that states that they can take .35 of each years raise to put to pension without our approval!!!!!!!

I thought UPS was bragging about how much better their pension was then why am I helping pay for it!!!!!

Just tell them you want to opt out of the pension. Maybe you can keep your .35.:lol:

Braveheart

#1angel....what if you got your full raise and it actually raised you to a new level tax bracket and you actually lose most of it ?? Better to get half and get all of it and then get another half later. JMHO
I do not think .35 vs .70 jumps you into another tax bracket. Besides let me worry about my taxes and how to minimize them. UPS just wants to hold on to my money and invest it!!!

Read the whole contract people!!!! There are a lot of give backs and no improvements to stop harassment, strenghten Art 48, stop excessive rides, and to stop all the nit picking!!!

Braveheart

Just tell them you want to opt out of the pension. Maybe you can keep your .35.:lol:
I hope that was a joke?? UPS bragged back in 97 about how they could give us a better pension. Well what happened? They wanted the pension all along and they knew they were going to have to pay to get out of Central States!!!!! So please do not tell me that even after willing to take smaller raises percentage wise and actual as well that I must also leave a loophole in the contract to allow the union and UPS to take the 1st .35 of my raise to fix the pension that they said they could fund and manage better than us!!!!!!!

Braveheart

I agree with the no vote and how about how they now allowed the GPS language into the contract permitting them to fire us yet another way!!!

Why is there no improvements to the air driver progression rates either!!!

They continue to take away from the part timers and yet the only improvement is an extra 50 cent bump to 90 day raise!! What a joke.

I see no guarantee of new full time jobs. The whole contract gives them loopholes to get out of every thing!!!!!

Pip

Being in the IAM. I don't get to vote on the contract, but it does still affect me, far as raises and some other things go.

I've been looking at the proposals. I guess the biggest thing about this contract is the Central States pension. It seems that this was the most important thing to come out of it. I can't help but think that this will be better for those in the CS in the long run. I honestly don't think UPS will do anymore harm to it then has already been done. With all things aside, It is my opinion that those in CS will be better off.

Far as the Part-time, Yes it could be better. I don't feel though, that freezing the starting wage is necessarily a bad thing. This will kind of weed out those that don't know what they want or what to expect when starting a new job. For the most part, the new part timers are young and really don't know what they want yet. If they stick with it and decide UPS is for them, then in 90 days they will get, I think a $1 raise.

Far as the benefits, I think waiting a year is a bit long, but for the most part when your young, your not exactly going to the Dr. a lot. But things do arise when you might be glad you have the insurance.

Far as bumping the progression up to 3 yrs for drivers, I really don't think it is that bad, considering the pay increases with each step.

The over 9.5 part still sounds like it could use some work. no drastic changes there, that i see.

The 22.3 jobs really need to be adding jobs here. definitely needs some work.

The part on supervisors working is a good thing. Their has been in the past a lot of this going on lately. It will all depend on if it is grieved aggressively.

Far as the 2 step pay raises. I really don't have a problem with it. This part reminds me of a maintenance setup. With what a FT driver is now making, being up around $32+ at the end of 5 years is not to shabby.

In all, I don't see this contract as the "greatest" contract. I see it as a responsible contract with the emphasis on getting the pension straightened out for CS. Could there be something worked out better? YES! With the competition trying to cut into UPS's customer base and the Customers wondering in the back of their minds about a strike, who depend on UPS for their own business. It's my opinion that people would have to think long and hard before casting a "no" vote. If the contract is settled, this will send a clear message to the competition, who is more then willing to take on more of UPS customers. 10 yrs later, UPS is still trying to gain back it's customer base it lost during the last strike.

BigBrownSanta

Re: Poll: Yes or No on the New Contract

If I could take the amount that's contributed to the pension on my behalf and place it in the 401(k), I would opt out of the pension plan in a heartbeat.