pondering

refineryworker05

Race war? You think most whites side with white supremacists?
I think anti- black racial sentiments are a huge core part of the American identity.

American racial identities existed at this nation's founding and are wholly based on the belief of white superiority and black inferiority. These identities defined American identity and culture in explicit terms as the law of the land for 80% of this nation's history.

So I think a lot of Americans have many, many anti-black racial beliefs that they don't see as racist but the truth or reality. I think many, many Americans believe black people are less intelligent, more violent, lazier, etc.

I think those beliefs about black Americans in America given this nation's history and present means great violence and denial of civil liberties can easily be carried out against black Americans by the state with wide approval amongst many Americans.

I think when one looks at state/police violence statistics/ when one looks at the voter suppression tactics against black Americans today and see strong resistance amongst huge segments of the American populace, when state/police violence or voter suppression tactics are protested or criticized, it becomes clear how black Americans are viewed and what is possible.

Increased state violence or denial of civil liberties would be a racial war against black Americans. It wouldn't be recognized as such. In fact, most Americans wouldn't care because they'd believe black Americans deserve it because they are violent or less intelligent, or lazier, etc.

I sort of think of how we think of the Civil War. The focus is on the tragedy of the war because of all of the death, but this perspective doesn't recognize the Civil war and mass death started long ago but were against black people for a much longer period of time.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I think anti- black racial sentiments are a huge core part of the American identity.

American racial identities existed at this nation's founding and are wholly based on the belief of white superiority and black inferiority. These identities defined American identity and culture in explicit terms as the law of the land for 80% of this nation's history.

So I think a lot of Americans have many, many anti-black racial beliefs that they don't see as racist but the truth or reality. I think many, many Americans believe black people are less intelligent, more violent, lazier, etc.

I think those beliefs about black Americans in America given this nation's history and present means great violence and denial of civil liberties can easily be carried out against black Americans by the state with wide approval amongst many Americans.

I think when one looks at state/police violence statistics/ when one looks at the voter suppression tactics against black Americans today and see strong resistance amongst huge segments of the American populace, when state/police violence or voter suppression tactics are protested or criticized, it becomes clear how black Americans are viewed and what is possible.

Increased state violence or denial of civil liberties would be a racial war against black Americans. It wouldn't be recognized as such. In fact, most Americans wouldn't care because they'd believe black Americans deserve it because they are violent or less intelligent, or lazier, etc.

I sort of think of how we think of the Civil War. The focus is on the tragedy of the war because of all of the death, but this perspective doesn't recognize the Civil war and mass death started long ago but were against black people for a much longer period of time.
You are one funny Dude, Dude!
Have you noticed that the lefties ignore your posts too?

refineryworker05

You are one funny Dude, Dude!
Have you noticed that the lefties ignore your posts too?

I think what I posted is correct and based on this nation's history and present. Go look at who was defined as an American for most of this nation's history. Go look at who had protection under the law for most of this nation's history.

Anyone is free to ignore any post or poster.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
ja94wg1.jpg
Def a good gif

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I think what I posted is correct and based on this nation's history and present. Go look at who was defined as an American for most of this nation's history. Go look at who had protection under the law for most of this nation's history.

Anyone is free to ignore any post or poster.
I should use more words ... like you.
Now that I got your attention,
The approach of the members here is to have conversations in a back and forth positing of beliefs whilst using conversational language.

Think high school level males with high level of testosterone.

refineryworker05

I should use more words ... like you.
Now that I got your attention,
The approach of the members here is to have conversations in a back and forth positing of beliefs whilst using conversational language.

Think high school level males with high level of testosterone.

I don't really care how others post if its going to limit how I post on certain topics.