Poorly loaded trucks vs Do it yourself

CHALLY9TX

You preloaders want a Christmas bonus? Please care how you load the PCs. All the good preloaders get Christmas gifts. I will have your back if you show me you care about how you load a PC.

Sent using BrownCafe App

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Would you prefer your 20-30 piece bulk stop under the shelf where it belongs? Or would you prefer it RDL / RDR when space is available?
I guess it really all depends. And a considerate pre-loader should have the common courtesy, and judgement to make it happen.

Also, thank you for your input. And being able to tolerate an often poor excuse for a load. If you have any other advice, please let me know. Thank you.

You don't move a bulk stop for a business to the RD unless you ask the driver first. They know their route...if it's not easier for them to take stuff out the back at a particular stop...due to parking or whatever the reason, you just made their day more difficult.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
You preloaders want a Christmas bonus? Please care how you load the PCs. All the good preloaders get Christmas gifts. I will have your back if you show me you care about how you load a PC.

Sent using BrownCafe App

I wish I could show my loader your post. Last week I tried to talk to her about the quality (or lack of) of her loads. She looked at me and snapped "If you have a problem with the way I load talk to my supervisor." I looked at her rather shocked and said "okay." Fortunately her supervisor was right there and I told him what was wrong with the load and he should train here how to do the job properly because I want her to be the best loader on the belt. I try to work with loaders on a personal level. I am loathe to involve supes. But when she popped off, it's on.

oldngray

nowhere special
I wish I could show my loader your post. Last week I tried to talk to her about the quality (or lack of) of her loads. She looked at me and snapped "If you have a problem with the way I load talk to my supervisor." I looked at her rather shocked and said "okay." Fortunately her supervisor was right there and I told him what was wrong with the load and he should train here how to do the job properly because I want her to be the best loader on the belt. I try to work with loaders on a personal level. I am loathe to involve supes. But when she popped off, it's on.

Most preload sups don't care about load quality and don't even know how to do it themselves. Just shovel every into cars and get them out of the building. I would get really upset with preloaders who didn't care and talking to them was a waste of time. Doing the job correctly doesn't take any more time but most newer preloaders just don't care. With the way they get treated it is kind of understandable but eventually a frustrated driver will just start yelling at them about their loads.

Indecisi0n

Most preload sups don't care about load quality and don't even know how to do it themselves. Just shovel every into cars and get them out of the building. I would get really upset with preloaders who didn't care and talking to them was a waste of time. Doing the job correctly doesn't take any more time but most newer preloaders just don't care. With the way they get treated it is kind of understandable but eventually a frustrated driver will just start yelling at them about their loads.
Who needs to yell when you are sending him 5-6 misloads a day? I crack a smile every time.

Indecisi0n

What do you mean by "sending"? Most times when I talked to the preloader the next day it was "What misloads?" because sup never even told him.
Reporting the misload in your DIAD. I know when I send them in not only is the sup going to get ripped a new one but so is the preloader. For loaders that do a decent/fair load and only make one mistake I'll just run the misload off without reporting this.

oldngray

nowhere special
Reporting the misload in your DIAD. I know when I send them in not only is the sup going to get ripped a new one but so is the preloader. For loaders that do a decent/fair load and only make one mistake I'll just run the misload off without reporting this.

Those misload messages usually got "lost". They only mattered if there was a service failure.

Indecisi0n

Those misload messages usually got "lost". They only mattered if there was a service failure.
Wrong. Those misload numbers go to a list. Trust me your word means nothing but that number means a lot. I'm not talking about sending in a message but the misload scan that gets sent to the office.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
It all depends if misloads are the flavor of the month for the preload. If it something else then it's "misload? What misload?"

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Wrong. Those misload numbers go to a list. Trust me your word means nothing but that number means a lot. I'm not talking about sending in a message but the misload scan that gets sent to the office.

Not only is the message sent to the office but I believe it is also sent to the district at the same time.

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
Any driver can deliver a perfect load---it takes a good driver to deliver a less than perfect one.

My preloader does not make or break my day.
First of all I'm honored to be quoted by the king of the BC,second it's just an expression,having to go back to stops because of packages out of order,wasting time searching for something that's not even there,air in load,

PT Car Washer

I have heard there is a misload limit for the building each day. So they are either ran by air drivers, moved to the off SPA column or bad address or whatever else the center can think of.

laffter

Around here, whether misloads are the "flavor of the month" or not, each belt sup gets a printout daily of misloads from the previous day. If one person keeps getting misloads on a regular basis, they're definitely going to hear about it, whether the steward is involved or not.

J

jibbs

Just please don't put my 30 pcs bulk stop on the 3000 shelf and the other 35 stops all over the floor.

lmao.. I've been guilty of this more than once. gosh darn boxes all say 1 of 1 half the time, it :censored2:s me up. Granted, once you're on your 10th 1-of-1 it's common sense to drop the stop to the floor, but man, it's just so easy to only handle it once and leave it be.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
The funny thing is they have the bulk stops preprinted on the load diagram. No one looks at it cause their too busy putting the 30 PC. Bulk stop on the 3000 shelf so all the single stops have no room .
You can wipe your :censored2: with the load diagram....the numbers are rarely accurate. Today I had on that listed 2 bulk stops...and yet I had 5...and the total piece count said 242..when it was well over 300. Another another way for Brown to waste more paper.

HBGPreloader

The funny thing is they have the bulk stops preprinted on the load diagram. No one looks at it cause their too busy putting the 30 PC. Bulk stop on the 3000 shelf so all the single stops have no room .
The supervisors in our building typically hang them up on the back of the truck - about an hour after the shift starts.

EastBrown N Down

Op, do you wipe your chin after serving your driver? You work for yourself not them they are not your boss they are co workers who for the most part have a god complex. :censored2: the bull:censored2:, work as directed do a good job and go home. Don't misload, and keep the labels up and boxes in the right place..

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
You work for UPS, and they are the one that issues you a paycheck, not any whiney driver. If any driver wants you to do them any favor or load a certain way, tell them to go take a hike. Remember, you don't come to work to make any friends.