Populist Indeed!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
IT'S STILL A DOG, EINSTEIN!!!

The dog didn't change from a bear, or into a lion. Darwin's entire theory was based on natural selection, that given enough time for accumulated changes to take place, dinosaurs could turn into birds, amphibious mammals into whales and the ancestors of apes into humans.

The reality is THERE HAS NEVER BEEN ONE INSTANCE OF AN OBSERVABLE CASE OF ONE TYPE, OR KIND, OF ANIMAL CHANGING INTO SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

GET IT?

IT HAS NEVER HAPPENED!!!

Regardless of what you think you know about evolution, or how tightly you cling to it so that no other explanation can make any sort of sense to you, THOSE ARE THE FACTS.

Your facts, which are insanely inaccurate. The FACT that evolution takes millions of years means nobody lives long enough to directly observe it.

That's why we have scientists.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The debate here on this mb may be silly, but when you're debating about what children should be taught in science class its a bit more serious.
What children should be taught in science class should be a short debate though shouldn't it? It's a pretty easy answer..... science.

njdriver

FedEx Browned
Your facts, which are insanely inaccurate. The FACT that evolution takes millions of years means nobody lives long enough to directly observe it.

That's why we have scientists.

That's exactly why evolutionists require millions of years. The very evolution they guessed happens had to have conveniently happened that long ago. Even Darwin himself admitted his theory was full of flaws and holes.

You DO believe man has been on this earth for a long time, so there has to be some scientist somewhere, some record out there of the evolution you believe, actually occurring. Just one will do.

OR, are you trying to intimate that whatever evolutionary processes occurred have somehow stopped since man learned to write. That natural selection has served its purpose, and nature decided that was enough evolving.

I'll save you some time. No one, past, present, or future has ever witnessed or will ever witness an ape evolve into a man, or a mammal evolve into a whale, or any species evolve into a completely new species.

The only evolution I see happening is the person arguing with me evolving into a babbling cretin.

Your facts, which are insanely inaccurate...

Which facts would those be??? The facts about DNA and genetic variability WITHIN SPECIES, about Darwin doubting his own theory, evolution versus mutation, which ones???

Don't just state they are inaccurate, explain yourself.

Last edited:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Just one will do.
Two Butterfly Species Evolved Into Third, Study Finds
tumblr_mxx24a7wMc1qa3pfso1_400.gif

njdriver

FedEx Browned
Man, whether you realize it or not, you're showing everyone here how little you know about science. I mean, it's almost funny how clueless you are lol.

Do you have anything besides insults to share? Is that all there is with you? No salient counterpoints to proffer?

I'll give you a moment to look up salient and proffer.

And you're calling ME clueless! Amazing.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Do you have anything besides insults to share? Is that all there is with you? No salient counterpoints to proffer?

I'll give you a moment to look up salient and proffer.

And you're calling ME clueless! Amazing.
I don't need a dictionary to know which one of us thinks the earth is 6000 years old. Clueless would be a nice way to put it......

BrownArmy

...I'll save you some time. No one, past, present, or future has ever witnessed or will ever witness an ape evolve into a man, or a mammal evolve into a whale, or any species evolve into a completely new species...

It's immediately clear you don't have a fundamental understanding about the theory of evolution.

I'm not saying that to be pejorative, but you're making arguments against positions that the theory of evolution simply doesn't take.

No scientist ever said that one species evolved into another species, and apes didn't evolve into men, but we do share a common ancestor.

Lulz.

Why Are There No Transitional Animals Today?, for a really long and funny read.

You think this forum is rough?

bbsam

Staff member
So this whole debate is about what is taught for a grand total of what? Maybe 3 weeks total through a high school education? What if they simply didn't teach either? Science could simply teach genetics, cell structure, mutation, maybe get a bit deeper in those areas and leave evolution to the first two days of higher education. Seems like folks have become so intent on winning that they miss a simple compromise.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
So this whole debate is about what is taught for a grand total of what? Maybe 3 weeks total through a high school education? What if they simply didn't teach either? Science could simply teach genetics, cell structure, mutation, maybe get a bit deeper in those areas and leave evolution to the first two days of higher education. Seems like folks have become so intent on winning that they miss a simple compromise.
3 weeks? I don't remember it being taught for a single day. Maybe my high school just didn't waste time teaching what is common knowledge.

BrownArmy

I'm not sure about the last bit.

Should we compromise on gravity? On the fact that the earth is round?

I'm not Christian, but if I were I would have no problem with evolution.

After all, God works in mysterious ways, and I'm not being flippant at all with that statement.

bbsam

Staff member
I'm not sure about the last bit.

Should we compromise on gravity? On the fact that the earth is round?

I'm not Christian, but if I were I would have no problem with evolution.

After all, God works in mysterious ways, and I'm not being flippant at all with that statement.
Oh, but that just accentuates my point. Science could reclaim 99.5% of the win but would rather stand around saying, "We aren't gonna be told what to do by a bunch of Bible thumpers!"

And the compromise is what? Leaving out a conclusion and building up the analytical mind so that it can itself find its way to said conclusion? So that young minds are taught to reason, analyze and form conclusions? That is a compromise?

That's the definition of winning for education.