Positive Change Towards A True Safety Culture

Integrity

Binge Poster
So integrity was you in the room when ups decided to shut down , if not then you don't know the reason they did it either

But our safety wasn't one of them
jaker,

Please read the OP I did not claim to know the reason only stated that regardless of the motives it is the right decision and the decision does have obvious safety implications.

Sincerely,
I

T

Turdferguson

turdferguson,

What does your comment have to do with giving credit for a correct decision?

You statement does not make sense to me.

Sincerely,
I
You assume too much. If the authorities have banned travel on state roads then the decision to close UPS facilities was removed from UPS management.
You are giving credit to UPS management when in truth the credit for the safety decision was no longer theirs to make. You are congratulating UPS for obeying the law.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Brownslave688,

That is irrelavent to the fact that many areas and operations were closed today and you cannot take away credit where credit is due for that which this credit is due.

Closing many operations in response to this storm is the right thing and for whatever the reasons Integrity must give credit for the right thing being done in this instance.

Sincerely,
I
You can't give credit for a decision which they had no input in.

This was one of the few occasions where you could say ups had no choice. They didn't make a decision. Their hand was forced. No credit to be given.

Brownslave688

jaker,

Please read the OP I did not claim to know the reason only stated that regardless of the motives it is the right decision and the decision does have obvious safety implications.

Sincerely,
I
They didn't make a freaking decision!!!!!!

To make a decision there must be choices involved.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I'm just going to assume you disagree because I'm right.

You are a troll of the worst kind.
Brownslave688,

In your opinion;was the decision to shut down some operations, regardless of the reasons for that decision, in response to the storm right or wrong?

I do feel sorry for you. Most people that I know who have to attack someone are very unhappy with themselves.

In my opinion it is worse when it is done in an online forum where the very purpose of participation is discussion.

You may find your source of misery in life in the nearest mirror, but be of good cheer there is hope of change for everyone willing.

Remember you came to this thread knowing Integrity started it and yet you call me a troll. I didn't come to you.

Sincerely,
I

Brownslave688

Brownslave688,

In your opinion;was the decision to shut down some operations, regardless of the reasons for that decision, in response to the storm right or wrong?

I do feel sorry for you. Most people that I know who have to attack someone are very unhappy with themselves.

In my opinion it is worse when it is done in an online forum where the very purpose of participation is discussion.

You may find your source of misery in life in the nearest mirror, but be of good cheer there is hope of change for everyone willing.

Remember you came to this thread knowing Integrity started it and yet you call me a troll. I didn't come to you.

Sincerely,
I
I'm unhappy that you're an idiot is what I'm unhappy about.

Please tell me how ups had any decision to make? Roads were closed. There was no way for work to get to the centers. Therefore centers are closed. Ups had no say in the matter.

porkwagon

They stopped operations cause there's is a travel ban.

The decision was taken out of their hands.
Not in all areas. No travel ban in Philly, and we're closed, however, our neighbors in NJ and DE did have travel bans. I think it was a prudent business decision given our loads for the preload would be way late at best.

Brownslave688

Not in all areas. No travel ban in Philly, and we're closed, however, our neighbors in NJ and DE did have travel bans. I think it was a prudent business decision given our loads for the preload would be way late at best.
I'm not saying it shouldn't of been done. But come on it wasn't for our safety.

They couldn't get the loads to the centers on time.

rod

Retired 22 years
I can only recall 2 times in 30 years that were shut down and that's only because they couldn't get the packages to us from Minneapolis. If we got the packages --- we were sent out no--- matter how bad the weather was.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I've been with UPS for almost 28 years. Long enough to be skeptical of the motives behind the suspended operations.
28 years and you are only "skeptical." A 2 year employee may be skeptical. You know better. And if you don't, you have not been here for 28 years.

cmoll

center manager said last night that if mass hadn't put a travel ban in effect we would be operating today in maine. There straight from the horses mouth.

cmoll

Brownslave688,

Sincerely,
I
Shut the :censored2: up. Ups didn't want to close. Decision was not there's

Brownslave688

Shut the :censored2: up. Ups didn't want to close. Decision was not there's
This is integrity M.O. Start a thread you know if going to be controversial. Then only reply to the responses that you can create even more controversy over.

I really wish they would ban him but I guess technically he follows the rules.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Any commercial vehicle on the highway during a travel ban would have been fined in THE THOUSANDS.
Public safety trumps UPS's version of safety.

Geo926

It was snowing pretty good all day yesterday and they didn't call anyone in. They had no problem with me coming in at 7 and unloading my own truck. Dont think they are too concerned about safety Mr. I.

Sent using BrownCafe App