Possible career change

That's stupid. I drove 40 minutes with a sup on his :censored2:ing phone. I ALMOST PASSED. He said I was swerving, and that was the reason I didn't. How the :censored2: was I swerving? He took me down a tiny street with oncoming traffic, cars parked on both sides and construction. I was moving around :censored2:. My goodness. He didn't even want to do the test, he was more concerned about misloads and was going to have me take them to another driver as my test but then decided against it. It's okay though, I'm going to do something else.
Ask that sup to let you practice a couple times a week after work. Just around the parking lot or around the mall.

W

What The Hawk?

Ask that sup to let you practice a couple times a week after work. Just around the parking lot or around the mall.
Lol so weird that someone online knows my center. lol I can't ask right now I'm on short term disability..:(

W

What The Hawk?

Honestly, if that's "you" then you definitely aren't cut out to be a driver. Management beats up the drivers enough and if you beat yourself up on top of that then you're just asking for a miserable life.
Didn't I just say I wasn't going to be a driver?! Like my goodness, I've been saying that this whole time!

mrguru30

How long does it take to get a route and I would've stayed here in the railroad but to make big money I got to work 6 days a week, I used to work for dhl airways 20 years ago but stayed part time. Enjoyed it but I am in good shape, being 40 though I wonder sometimes if it's for me ups that is
Just remember it gets easier. If you don't get to bid a route for a while and stay cover, then after a while you just know a crap load of routes and then you aren't in the position of always running blind. In my case, it just took a couple years of being bounced around so much that I now know like 20 routes well while being acquainted with 10 others.

How long does it take to get a route and I would've stayed here in the railroad but to make big money I got to work 6 days a week, I used to work for dhl airways 20 years ago but stayed part time. Enjoyed it but I am in good shape, being 40 though I wonder sometimes if it's for me ups that is
If you are in the west, you could be be vested in the pension from Dhl. If not you would be eligible to retire at 60.

walk it off

I work with the railroad in the northeast region of the country in public transportation and am talking to UPS to get on as a regular package delivery driver off the street in Texas. I'm 40 yrs old have 5 yrs with the railroad, but with the expenses here its getting discouraging. I am in good shape so that's not a problem I do have some friends who work for UPS here who r saying Wtf r u crazy u wanna work here. They will be busting ur ass, u will be getting home 9pm at night and it'll take u years to get a permanent route, one guy said I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. Is this all true? I also have a cdl if I got a straight job route is it easier than doin a package car route? And I hear there is no ac in the trucks will that change?. Thx
The nay sayers are jealous of your courage. Takes some fortitude to make the plunge at 40. You can retire at peer 80; age and years of service would put you at about 65. Go for it