Possible career with UPS - Question

Mustacheyouaquestion

60 minute lunch
So i have a very close friend in management who can help me get into a seasonal driver position for this upcoming holiday season. I was told it would end around dec 29 but I was just curious of how it works as far as getting established as a driver after that, any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Soo i'm confused.. you already work inside the building? For how long? If you do work inside they can pretty much say yep you can drive seasonally, tho you would still go to driving school and then be on your 30 days. Is this accurate?

Protonz

So i have a very close friend in management who can help me get into a seasonal driver position for this upcoming holiday season. I was told it would end around dec 29 but I was just curious of how it works as far as getting established as a driver after that, any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I don't think you'll need your friends help to get on as a seasonal driver. They take everyone with a pulse if you pass their weekly training, but i was on as a seasonal last year and got hired on full time with no in hub experience right when they did their summer hiring. All i can say is bust your ass and get noticed. when you have your route figured out and some of the green swept off tell them you are interested in a full time position (if you know you are kicking ass) then ask a sup/center manager how you did and what the chances are of getting a full time position after peak is done. Oh, and since you will be a peak you'll most likely be taking business. Be sure to establish a good relationship with your customers. I had some call in to say that i was doing a good job and they appreciated it. That opened the door for me to ask about a full time position.
I believe with the union they are required to hire 1 out of every 7 from off the street.

DRporch

We are doomed because of JO’s like this.

“I can destroy any route”.

What a bag of ass faced dicks.
im referring to a training route. and especially when are training routes are in areas where you dont have to check over your shoulder every 30seconds in fear of being robbed.

so yeah im super confident in my ability to beat scratch on a training route. 20stops an hour is our time study here its a joke come training routes

A

Article 3

If you want to see your kids grow up and go to their (once in a lifetime) events run and don't look back.
If the lure of money is more important than seeing your wife and kids please come on in.
If you like working for people who lie (including the representation you'll pay for) and hold you accountable to "training" that you'll never get a hard copy of but yet it'll be a basis for firing you if you transgress it please take the job.
Hotel California awaits.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
So, let's see if we have this straight?

You think, your work will be so great, so fantastic, that management will look at you like a lefty that can throw a 99 mph cutter for strikes, and say, "sign him up"!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So, let's see if we have this straight?

You think, your work will be so great, so fantastic, that management will look at you like a lefty that can throw a 99 mph cutter for strikes, and say, "sign him up"!

Every once in a while we will get a seasonal who impresses to the point where they are brought back to drive after Peak.

Box Ox

Got it ... last question for you gentleman/trolls i promise ....on average how long does it take, did it take you to go to a full time driver job?

3+ years at my location. You might be paid nothing but a bag of dicks by the time you go FT. Half a bag for your first few FT years. Depends on how the upcoming contract(s) go.