Post Peak Peak

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
We got hit heavy again, just about everybody had a Helper today. I had to give mine up to a another driver that had a no-show Helper. We got out of the building 30 minutes late because the Preload went down late, everybody had late air. We had six trailers that didn't even get processed. We were told that Monday and Tuesday will be worse.
same story at my center. I asked during the PCM what good was turning in Volume Development leads when we couldnt even deliver what we had now.That went over like a fart in church let me tell you :devil3:

they will tell you any lie!!!in order not to file!!!like sort and load dont count..pcm,s dont count..weather dont count!!!When they tried pulling that crap with me I said" did I get paid for that time?" answer: yes you did....My reply was if i wasnt working you wouldnt have paid me!!!So show me the money and pay me my Dam grievance!!!!

So do I , It irrtates me when hear drivers say that they dont have the time to do such and such,. Yes you do where not fedX ground, we get paid by the hour.
Exactly. Take pride in yourself and the job. It's sucked for the last four years I agree but dig deep man and take pride. We are the best lets act like it.

ymelord

This unexpected volume thing is getting old, They need to start hiring drivers, I would be happy if they would just replace the driver that left. The morning PCM “ We have 44 rts in there is nothing more we can do" Well there is hire drivers, three years ago we had 50 drivers now where down to 45. A logical guess would be that their not hiring because of the up coming contract, but this is UPS and their motto “is do more with less”. Why should they hire when they can have drivers and preload sups out delivering, and just say unexpected volume bull****.
BTW I have 11hrs of OT in three days.
You can still file a grievance on every hour a sup works, and you should. Keep track of every driver that works over 9.5 for your argument that there is excess work for more drivers, and go after all the hours the sup or sup's work. You have a great argument that ups isn't employing a sufficent work force, excess hours, and not replacing drivers. The way I see it, there is our money (hourly), and there is their money (bonuses), don't let them steal our money.

What'dyabringmetoday???

As long as UPS keeps funneling money into the various pension failures, I mean funds, do not look for change. I bet garbage truck drivers are glad they don't suffer like UPS drivers do.

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
Exactly. Take pride in yourself and the job. It's sucked for the last four years I agree but dig deep man and take pride. We are the best lets act like it.

There is a elderly couple on my rte. The wife is always ordering from HSN well every time I go there I grab the newspaper off the driveway hand them the Pkg and the newspaper. Well yesterday I went there and the guy Roy ask me for the phone number for UPS so he could give me a compliment. It should go over pretty good when the center manager hears that I wait for them to answer the door and hand them the newspaper.
. :happy-very:

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
You can still file a grievance on every hour a sup works, and you should. Keep track of every driver that works over 9.5 for your argument that there is excess work for more drivers, and go after all the hours the sup or sup's work. You have a great argument that ups isn't employing a sufficent work force, excess hours, and not replacing drivers. The way I see it, there is our money (hourly), and there is their money (bonuses), don't let them steal our money.

The center manager even told the shop steward today that there will be three Sups on the road delivering today, I witness first hand. I bet the reason will be "A act of god "

DS

Fenderbender
There is a elderly couple on my rte. The wife is always ordering from HSN well every time I go there I grab the newspaper off the driveway hand them the Pkg and the newspaper. Well yesterday I went there and the guy Roy ask me for the phone number for UPS so he could give me a compliment. It should go over pretty good when the center manager hears that I wait for them to answer the door and hand them the newspaper.
. :happy-very:
Stealing time ?
lol

Ms.PacMan

I delivered a few X-mas presents today. I think a lot of people wait to ship until the last minute and then have sticker shock when they hear the price of next or second day air and send it ground.