Post Peak Peak

brownboxman

I despise OT. Have a family I would rather spend time with.

I have maxed out hours EVERY day this past week even with a helper. So the work would not have gotten done in one day. I WILL ensure someone files on behalf of these helpers for starting drivers rate at the MINIMUM. I do stand up for what is contractually mine i just dont go out of my way to contractually screw the company i work for. You seem to have attacked my post by reiterating my own points. Bravo sir.
I think OT is for those who value money more than family. Of course there are exceptions. I personally have avoided the OT trap. Every chance I get I tell mang to stick their OT. Fortunately we are paid well enough without it.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
I don't know about the drivers here, but on Midnight the last couple days in Orlando it still feels like peak, and Wednesday was ridiculous. Come in expecting 136k volume, ran somewhere around 170k instead. I don't know what we ran tonight but it wasn't the 125k predicted. A lot of the seasonals are back and we're still working doubles.

Something about this year is telling me peak isn't stopping at Jan 1 anymore.

Past 5 years has been the same thing for me. They all think (management, pters and drivers) that peak ends after Christmas. So far it hasnt happened yet, and this time around is the heaviest I've seen it so far.

A lot is due to this. People placing orders too late before it can be delivered. A lot of conventions happen the first, second and the rest of January. And such things like Sandy Hook can cause huge back ups in orders, since people want their AR-15 and .223-5.56 ammo. Which I could only get a box of 20 today at a gun show for 15$. Trust me, it was the cheapest there.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I think OT is for those who value money more than family. Of course there are exceptions. I personally have avoided the OT trap. Every chance I get I tell mang to stick their OT. Fortunately we are paid well enough without it.

Don't like OT? I would say you've picked the wrong company.

packageguy

..our center has run with about 25 helpers a day after the 1st..this is a violation..at about 6 hours per driver per day....our Steward is filing..it will be denied..it will go to arbitration and we will get paid..

We have 31 helpers and 3 casual, I notified union, the grievence is in. In our center peak really never ended. I'm still doing 58 to 59 hours a week, I love it ......

packageguy

We have a lot of guys where I'm at who think they should never have to work OT. We call them pre madonnas.

we have the same problem in our center, they complain everyday, it never ends, they cut deals I'm starting to hate it. instead of sticking together they are all for themselves.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
[QUOTEi=anonymous;1076962]We have a lot of guys where I'm at who think they should never have to work OT. We call them pre madonnas.

we have the same problem in our center, they complain everyday, it never ends, they cut deals I'm starting to hate it. instead of sticking together they are all for themselves. [/QUOTE]

Please quote my post where I say I complain about OT or cut side deals
to avoid it. I merely stated my dislike about it. I work as long as it takes. I enjoy throwing an extra bit in the plate on Sunday thanks to the OT I just don't go out of my way to get any.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
..our center has run with about 25 helpers a day after the 1st..this is a violation..at about 6 hours per driver per day....our Steward is filing..it will be denied..it will go to arbitration and we will get paid..

Our union (my local BA insists it's a regional thing) recognizes that peak continues for up to the first three weeks of January, as people take advantage of post-holiday sales, redeem gift cards & return gifts. I completely agree with this, but unfortunately, not the way it was agreed to (AFTER the contract was signed). Three years ago, they laid off drivers and had most every driver working with a helper, but the last two years they've been good about this -- using all available drivers before helpers. Nor do I like the fact that they now "cover us" Preloaders for safety certification instead of having us come in early... when I was loading, the persons (seasonal) covering my area did a horrible job that reflected on me.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
The good guys are the ones who go to an extreme to screw the company at every turn? I call them biters. As in they bite the hand that feeds them.

I am not one for getting rail roaded. But this is a business. You cant whine about them not following the contract just to turn around and ignore a fair days work for a fair days pay. It was meant to allow for different levels of physical abilities. Not to allow for some old grumpy dude with a grudge because some center manager yelled at him 25 years ago to milk the clock.

JackStraw

Well isn't that cute, I didn't say I should never have to work OT , we have a lot of guys here who milk the clock we call them whores.

I call it not wanting to give them anything.

we have the same problem in our center, they complain everyday, it never ends, they cut deals I'm starting to hate it. instead of sticking together they are all for themselves.

to avoid it. I merely stated my dislike about it. I work as long as it takes. I enjoy throwing an extra bit in the plate on Sunday thanks to the OT I just don't go out of my way to get any.[/QUOTE]
Who the hell said we were talking about you???

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed

to avoid it. I merely stated my dislike about it. I work as long as it takes. I enjoy throwing an extra bit in the plate on Sunday thanks to the OT I just don't go out of my way to get any.
Who the hell said we were talking about you???[/QUOTE]

who said you weren't?