Posting pictures of your Pc(load)

Bottom rung

It's pretty easy for management to monitor facebook when they're friends with most drivers. We all know management doesn't do :censored2: but harass us and dick around on their phones all day. Unless they're riding with someone.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I'm just saying that it is wise to pick the correct battles. Giving somebody that doesn't like you ammo to discipline you isn't a bright idea.

Overpaid Union Thug

DRiver few years ago did something (never got the full story) on Facebook got into a lot of trouble...
I wonder how many people have been disciplined, or even fired, for something that could have been fought and defeated had they only known that the NRLB protected their actions. Just because UPS puts a rule in their little handbook doesn't mean it is above labor laws.

Future

Victory Ride
I wonder how many people have been disciplined, or even fired, for something that could have been fought and defeated had they only known that the NRLB protected their actions. Just because UPS puts a rule in their little handbook doesn't mean it is above labor laws.
Pretty sure it was a strong derogatory remark against a sup..... Didn't get fired but went through some BS

Overpaid Union Thug

Would you like to work at a job that you had to go to court to keep?
I already do.
To me it's a gray area.... Wouldn't do it ... Why bother ....not worth it ...I would say it to their face though

It's not a gray area as long as you stay within the law. It's the fear of that non-existent gray area, and the fear of their blatant disregard for labor laws, that corporate is counting on. But I'd rather say it to their face like you. Although....... I'm also not scared to exercise my rights if need be. The first trick is to know them. Then let them know that you do.

Tiny Panda

You guy should see Instagram, literally thousands of pictures of drivers work days, load quality, internal operations, customers etc etc.

I'm sure if it was that much of an issue they would have been shut down a long long time ago

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
We have signs posted at the guard gate and pedestrian door clearly stating no cameras are allowed. I wouldn't post things on Facebook or any other social media using my real name, I can't believe some of the things that people do.
Whether there are signs banning cameras or not is irrelevant.
What IS relevant...is the specific language in your local or regional contract regarding suspensions and terminations.
In the Western Region, there are "seven deadly sins" that can get you immediately terminated without first being given a warning letter. They include drunk/ loaded on the job, posession of drugs, malicious destruction of company property, gross negligence resulting in serious accident, provable dishonesty, unauthorized passengers, and unprovoked assault on a fellow employee. Posting a picture of a crappy load on Facebook is NOT a terminable offense per the labor agreement, regardless of any company "policies" that say otherwise.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I think that posting things like dog pictures is showing the company in a positive light. So in my opinion things like that should be alright. If you are running two hours over allowed every day and post photos of yourself goofing off while on the clock, I wouldn't recommend helping a Center Manager prove that you might be stealing time.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I think that posting things like dog pictures is showing the company in a positive light. So in my opinion things like that should be alright. If you are running two hours over allowed every day and post photos of yourself goofing off while on the clock, I wouldn't recommend helping a Center Manager prove that you might be stealing time.
When I work, I assume that there is a camera on car with a clock on the screen that keeps time on my every move.
If I take and post a picture to FB or send it to my wife or a friend, I automatically deduct 2 minutes from one of my paid breaks...even though it takes me far less time than that to take the picture. And usually what I will do is take the picture and wait to post it until I am on my lunch or during another break. So even in the unlikely event that I was somehow being monitored, they would not be able to claim that I was stealing time.

Bottom rung

When I work, I assume that there is a camera on car with a clock on the screen that keeps time on my every move.
If I take and post a picture to FB or send it to my wife or a friend, I automatically deduct 2 minutes from one of my paid breaks...even though it takes me far less time than that to take the picture. And usually what I will do is take the picture and wait to post it until I am on my lunch or during another break. So even in the unlikely event that I was somehow being monitored, they would not be able to claim that I was stealing time.
Screenshot the pic before post it. Should change the timestamp on the photo. Then you're always on break.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
STUG he posted pics like crazy every day here , they fired him for a bit and made his life miserable for a while till he got job back ,