Posting pictures of your Pc(load)

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
No they didn't ,, they were funny , but he took a pic I believe of a sup , which In turn back fired on him and opened his can of worms !!!

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
For sure. But taking a picture of your load, and then immediately or some time later posting it on social media and complaining about it is clearly not documenting anything for OSHA.

The argument can be made that "griping" about PC load quality and posting pictures on social media could fall under the umbrella of "protected, concerted [union] activity."

That being said, I wouldn't want to be the driver trying to make that point.

The internal hub pictures are infinitely worse, however. It's definitely possible for the general public to see inside a package car but the company can (and has in the past) make the case that the member is revealing proprietary information.

For Gods sake. Just have one of you favorite costumers take the picture. Have them send it to you or have them post it. Why does anyone think they our going to get anything over on this company? Just deliver the packages collect your check. Rinse and repeat. Things will not change!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

For Gods sake. Just have one of you favorite costumers take the picture. Have them send it to you or have them post it. Why does anyone think they our going to get anything over on this company? Just deliver the packages collect your check. Rinse and repeat. Things will not change!

My favorite are those who do Shakespearean plays.

Returntosender

The argument can be made that "griping" about PC load quality and posting pictures on social media could fall under the umbrella of "protected, concerted [union] activity."

That being said, I wouldn't want to be the driver trying to make that point.

The internal hub pictures are infinitely worse, however. It's definitely possible for the general public to see inside a package car but the company can (and has in the past) make the case that the member is revealing proprietary information.
National Geographic/ news stations have shown UPS operations in videos. Those videos are far more revealing than what employee can reveal.

Last edited:

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
National Geographic/ news stations have shown UPS operations in videos. Those videos are far more revealing than what employee can reveal.

The footage/documentaries in those examples are also almost certainly reviewed/approved by the company.

As an aside: Just because something isn't a "cardinal sin" doesn't mean that the company can't fire you for it (no matter what supplement/rider that language covers, it also mentions "just cause").

I'm not agreeing with it as I don't think FedEx is going to learn anything by seeing the same :censored2:ty conditions in their hubs as in UPS, just be aware that I've seen people get canned for it.

Covemastah

Those videos are dog & pony shows ,, they don't show a hub or center 15 minutes before feedah pull times when crap is piled everywhere and people are yelling, screaming and shoveling and shoehorning in the bundles !! Lol

Dr.Brownz

Lol you mean video of a staged cleaned up area that was prepared for tv? Its amazing how those preloaders were able to not stack a single box anywhere in those pcs

Cementups

Box Monkey
We have signs posted at the guard gate and pedestrian door clearly stating no cameras are allowed. I wouldn't post things on Facebook or any other social media using my real name, I can't believe some of the things that people do.

If they were to enforce that rule (we have it too) then no one would be allowed to have a cellular device in the building.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I wonder what happened to @stevetheupsguy ?? STUG
He was a big poster here for a long time ,

He's doing well. I just talked to him two weeks ago. He gave me a call after he had to drop out of the Cleveland Marathon.

He got married a year or so ago. He is pretty much not online at all anymore, at least with social media. His legend lives on in a few places but after the troubles he had with aforementioned activities and disciplinary action, he pretty much ducked out of online activity. He made an reappearance on Facebook very briefly but that only lasted about 2 weeks.

Even after UPS recognized him a little:
Benefits of Two Wheels: Florida Driver Stephen Cortes Explains How and Why He Became a Bike Commuter

Last edited:

Covemastah

He's doing well. I just talked to him two weeks ago. He gave me a call after he had to drop out of the Cleveland Marathon.

He got married a year or so ago. He is pretty much not online at all anymore, at least with social media. His legend lives on in a few places but after the troubles he had with aforementioned activities and disciplinary action, he pretty much ducked out of online activity. He made an reappearance on Facebook very briefly but that only lasted about 2 weeks.

Even after UPS recognized him a little:
Benefits of Two Wheels: Florida Driver Stephen Cortes Explains How and Why He Became a Bike Commuter
Thanks. He's a great guy ,, tell him I said hello when you speak to him again !!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
proxy.php

The Range

In too deep
How is the bold to be interpreted? My center manager has in the past threatened to fire me for stealing time for merely checking the time on my cell phone. That seems to read employees can send and receive texts while on the clock?

Examples of policy terms regarding photography and recording referenced in the general counsel’s March 18 memorandum that were deemed unlawful include the following:

• “Taking unauthorized pictures or video on company property” is prohibited.
  • “No employee shall use any recording device including but not limited to, audio, video, or digital for the purpose of recording any [Employer] employee or [Employer] operation.”
  • A total ban on use or possession of personal electronic equipment on employer property.
  • A prohibition on personal computers or data storage devices on employer property.
  • Prohibition from wearing cell phones, making personal calls or viewing or sending texts “while on duty.”