pottery barn, restoration hardware, grandinroad

km3

The UPS guy always brings them up to the front door.

I used to live in an apartment with a patio which had a 6 1/4 foot wooden fence...which also happened to be the only way in/out. The FedEx guys never knocked, and almost always threw the packages over the fence as indicated by placement and condition (and I saw them once). The UPS guy would bring it right up to the door, knock, and either hide it under the swing or if the package was small enough, stick it between the screen door and the regular door.

Working at UPS has certainly changed my opinion of the company, and not necessarily for the better, but I still prefer UPS over FedEx as a customer.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
And leaves them in the rain?:-)
Not that I remember. We have a roof over the porch where the front door is. Fedex ground leaves our packages on top of the community mail box or next to a wall by a community driveway. UPS brings them to the front door.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I used to live in an apartment with a patio which had a 6 1/4 foot wooden fence...which also happened to be the only way in/out. The FedEx guys never knocked, and almost always threw the packages over the fence as indicated by placement and condition (and I saw them once). The UPS guy would bring it right up to the door, knock, and either hide it under the swing or if the package was small enough, stick it between the screen door and the regular door.

Working at UPS has certainly changed my opinion of the company, and not necessarily for the better, but I still prefer UPS over FedEx as a customer.
6 and a 1/4 foot fence...thanks for the exact clarification... Lol

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
I order online all the time. Not all deliveries are UPS. Tony filed 2 complaints with Fedex ground this week. The first for leaving 2 packages shipped by google that contained 2k worth of phones on top of the community mail box. The second complaint was for leaving an envelope shipped by google containing sim cards in the rain next to a wall down by the street.

I would bring them to the front door also.

If for no other reason, just to keep you from trashing me on one of those online forum thingies.

:biggrin:

km3

6 and a 1/4 foot fence...thanks for the exact clarification... Lol

If anything, I wasn't exact enough. It was a boarded wooden fence, so it's not like any packages could be slipped through the side. And being taller than most adult males, it's not like they could reach over and gently drop it either. That's the point I was hoping to illustrate, but I was also in a hurry when typing that.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Hate those 9 foot rugs because you know that I'm a week you'll get a call tag to pick that bitch up

Had some woman order 2 of those this summer !!!
145 lbs each !! :rolleyes2: yeah OK

A week later, 2 call tags !!!
Loved seeing that split go to the rookie that day, hahahaha.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I bought a patio heater this summer from Amazon.
FedEx Ground delivered the box hidden behind my house.
Damaged box with a trail of washers and screws in the driveway.
Ended up going to Home Depot to get replacement hardware for the missing ones, LOL.

giphy.gif

BUCN85

I remember maybe last year restoration hardware magazines must have came it by the 1000s. Must have had 30 stops of just those. Strange they didn't just get sent to the mail

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
...those poor turds dont know that asking the customer for help is an approved method...
A couple weeks ago I had a guy on a second floor outside apartment get some big thing that weighed 110 lbs. I brought it to the steps on a cart then went up to knock on the door. I told him what I had for him and asked if he wanted me to help him bring it up; a nice, indirect way of saying I'd be leaving it at the bottom of the steps if he didn't.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I order online all the time. Not all deliveries are UPS. Tony filed 2 complaints with Fedex ground this week. The first for leaving 2 packages shipped by google that contained 2k worth of phones on top of the community mail box. The second complaint was for leaving an envelope shipped by google containing sim cards in the rain next to a wall down by the street.

Tuff Tony flexing his muscle
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1447424084.582870.jpg