Prayers for Birmingham facility

Returntosender

I find it funny that you left off this crucial bit of info..
“The irony is, one of the victims knew, and had been forewarned, that this man possessed the potential to do what he did. He should (along with his superiors) have taken action to prevent this horrible day.”---Now I’m not condoning what the guy did....but it sure sounds like someone was negligent by not doing something pro-active..........sounds like grounds for a multimillion dollar lawsuit to me
4 Potential Ways to Prove Employer Negligence

http://blogs.findlaw.com/injured/2013/11/4-potential-ways-to-prove-employer-negligence.html

Brn

Other employees say Joe made them worry.

Really, the guy smells?

They're lots employees that concern me at UPS but I won't go complaining to management about a guy that smells.

Hard to work near I guess, a number of people complained.
I would hate to be the one to tell him or her they smell ...yikes~ How embarrassing

Brn

We had a driver that had several complaints from customers and co-workers regarding their attitude and management pulled that driver in office with shop stewart present...through the grapevine, the driver was told to take anger management classes -

BTW the driver is much much better now... ;-)

rod

Retired 22 years
I guess I'm an exception to the normal. I'm not afraid to tell some one they have terrible body oder or their breath stinks. The way I look at it is I wouldn't be offended if someone told me-I would do something about it. If they get offended--- so be it. Maybe they will avoid me.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I guess I'm an exception to the normal. I'm not afraid to tell some one they have terrible body oder or their breath stinks. The way I look at it is I wouldn't be offended if someone told me-I would do something about it. If they get offended--- so be it. Maybe they will avoid me.
I imagine most people avoid you with your bad breath and BO or was it something you said?

OPTION3

It would be very interesting to know if fellow employees went to management with their concerns of this person...

I mean, we had fellow employees complain of a co-workers hygiene ( smell-odor ) and management pulled them into office ~ with union stewart present ...
Read the link from BB58.....one of the two murdered sups was warned about it.....this could have possibly been prevented by finding the guy some help......blaming it solely on the murderer is Bunk

worldwide

The last one fits perfectly

Yet many would also complain about UPS being too overbearing if they carried out the last one - "employer's failure to reasonably control or monitor the actions taken by his or her employees."

Half the posts on this board complain about UPS management controlling and monitoring what employees do. Now, some are suggesting a lawsuit because they did not do it enough. It's a fine line and open to individual perception as to what constitutes too much or not enough "controlling and monitoring" and you can't have it both ways.

Ms.PacMan

I find it funny that you left off this crucial bit of info..
“The irony is, one of the victims knew, and had been forewarned, that this man possessed the potential to do what he did. He should (along with his superiors) have taken action to prevent this horrible day.”---Now I’m not condoning what the guy did....but it sure sounds like someone was negligent by not doing something pro-active..........sounds like grounds for a multimillion dollar lawsuit to me
When I first read that the one supe came in on a vacation day I thought that maybe it was because the driver had been instructed to return his uniforms or notified them that he was coming in and the center manager came in, in case there was trouble.

I imagine Joe's estate will be sued by the murdered men's families and possibly by UPS.

OPTION3

When I first read that the one supe came in on a vacation day I thought that maybe it was because the driver had been instructed to return his uniforms or notified them that he was coming in and the center manager came in, in case there was trouble.

I imagine Joe's estate will be sued by the murdered men's families and possibly by UPS.
you don’t sue where there is no money.........If UPS negligent.....It aint good

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
All I know is if someone needs help, or someone is looking bad, not acting right, Im a woman, I am nosy and I will ask them. I will take the time to get them the help they need, I will call off work to go with them. Im a people person, and I notice, and many times I have been told to mind my own business, at least I tried.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Also a place on my route now has a sheriff there every day. Two people fired, one a lose cannon. I asked how long you going to pay for this. Til Friday he says. So I ask, you assume after Friday he wont be irrational anymore???

Ms.PacMan

What would be the basis of your lawsuit?
I think they could file a wrongful death suit. I suppose they could sue UPS for negligence. I'm not saying they should or will but I think they could.

Locally, there was a woman who was, of all things, a motivational speaker. She allowed her son to go on a vacation with another family. The parents, her son, and the son's friend were all killed in a plane crash. The plane was operated by the father and the crash was ruled pilot error. Anyway, that family had another son who didn't go with them and the parents of the deceased child sued the estate and was awarded what amounted to everything.

oldngray

nowhere special
I don't see any basis to find UPS negligent. He snuck in the back way and bypassed any security present. It wouldn't be reasonable for UPS to be expected to be ready for that situation.