PRAYING FOR NEGOTIATORS TO GET US A GREAT CONTRACT!!!!

kspe1989

Really, THIS is what you guys should be looking for. The guys praying, cheerleading, and hoping for a strike IMO, aren't thinking it through. (Seriously, some of you sound idiotic).
We PAY those negotiators a boatload of money to do their job. Let's allow them to do it before we want a strike. Remember, if we strike:

The negotiators continue to get paid.
UPS management continues to get paid.
Teamster management continues to get paid.

It's only us that won't get paid, because THEY couldn't get the job done.

Now I voted to authorize a strike. If the negotiators really come to an impasse, I'm walking. I'm old, my house is paid off, I have no mortgage, and I have plenty of money in the bank. I could be out a long time with no worries.
But some of you young guys will be in some deep doo doo. Say we're out 3 months, that's a lot of bills piling up, and you low seniority people may not be called back for even longer. I suspect that if a strike went long, everyone would be called back for Peak, but big time layoffs after.

Just something to think about. Hope instead that those negotiators will come out with a fantastic contract for us!
I think it has to do with pent up anger. workers are frustrated and tired of
the harassment
the overworking
the way workers are treated ....as a number and not as a human.

workers want justice. they want the company to be punished. they want to be treated right. i don't think it is about the money .

it's hard to understand that UPS is not a person. It is a business and every decision is purely a business/bottomline decision.

workers have to treat these contract negotiations as a business decision also. security for your families. security for your future.

a strike may be necessary . a LAST resort. an absolutely last resort. no one wins in a strike.

we did not win in 1997.

You are exactly right, we lost big time. There was a better contact on the table before we went on strike. No one wins in a strike. If people want to be mad at some one, get mad at the Union for not helping with the 9.5 issues, telematics, Orion, we NEVER see a union rep. Remember the union works for us not the other way around. Oh by the way all the people wanting the strike need to recall that in 1997 we received $52 strike pay for 3 weeks. Yeah, the union has our back alright. We all had better think before we want a strike.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You are exactly right, we lost big time. There was a better contact on the table before we went on strike. No one wins in a strike. If people want to be mad at some one, get mad at the Union for not helping with the 9.5 issues, telematics, Orion, we NEVER see a union rep. Remember the union works for us not the other way around. Oh by the way all the people wanting the strike need to recall that in 1997 we received $52 strike pay for 3 weeks. Yeah, the union has our back alright. We all had better think before we want a strike.
Settle down 89.... settle down

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
There was a better contact on the table before we went on strike.

Really ?

Could you detail that.... so everyone will know how R Carey screwed us ?

Remember the union works for us not the other way around.

The Union is payed to represent you.

You're not their "employer".

And, look around.... your elected officials.... are your fellow employee's.

Oh by the way all the people wanting the strike need to recall that in 1997 we received $52 strike pay for 3 weeks.

It was $50.

If, you pulled 4 hrs of "strike duty".

Who needed that ?

It was a party @ my Local.

The only thing missing, was the Disco Ball.... 24/7

-Bug-

Really ?

Could you detail that.... so everyone will know how R Carey screwed us ?

The Union is payed to represent you.

You're not their "employer".

And, look around.... your elected officials.... are your fellow employee's.

It was $50.

If, you pulled 4 hrs of "strike duty".

Who needed that ?

It was a party @ my Local.

The only thing missing, was the Disco Ball.... 24/7

-Bug-
Pensions, for one, in ‘97 30 years @ $3000 a month was very good. What does the UPS/IBT plan payout today?
I can’t complain, my pension pays 2.5 times more.

Many elected officials have never worked at UPS. As you know you couldn’t compare UPS culture to airborne culture.

We got $300 a week in strike pay. It was 90% of what I made working.

So, you want to party like it’s 1997? Well, it’s 2018 old man. You would likely break a hip.