Pre-Employment Drug Screening for UPS Software Engineers

rod

Retired 22 years
Probably not.
I will copy your question into the Management section and the IT section.
A software developer is classified as management.
UPS calls their Information Technology group - Information Systems.

It don't surprise me at all the UPS would take a name that every other company uses and change it. Anything to keep things confusing seems to be their motto. After all this --is a company that calls a truck --a car.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Maybe if they didn't use the weed, our diad updates might work right? The last update is still blocking resi DR's.

kynphlee

Hey, it's been a minute since i came through this thread....I'm curious, since cannabis is likely to be legalized by 2020, how would UPS respond to cannabis being taken off schedule I and being completely legal? Would UPS still be salty about a plant that's been proven to have more health benefits? Oh, and to put it out there, I HAVE been working at other companies (including a MAJOR one) that didn't even test.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Hey, it's been a minute since i came through this thread....I'm curious, since cannabis is likely to be legalized by 2020, how would UPS respond to cannabis being taken off schedule I and being completely legal? Would UPS still be salty about a plant that's been proven to have more health benefits? Oh, and to put it out there, I HAVE been working at other companies (including a MAJOR one) that didn't even test.

Can't be high at work.
Drugs are bad mmmmmmKay

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Extensive alcohol consumption can lead to liver damage, for starters.....

And I'm just noticing the tag under your screen name......Cocaine Mang!......can't be high at work, but it's ok to snort up lines? Woooooowwww.....
I only did Cocaine on weekends and when I was on Vacation.
Never during the work week.

Nothing wrong with getting drunk every night.
As long as you are sober when you report for duty.
We aren't talking about medical side effects....just drug and alcohol use as it relates to being able to work.