predictions for the next contract?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
image.gif

BrownTexas

It's my hope that we can get better 9.5 language. Specifically, being eligible to file regardless of whether you run the same route 5 days a week or not. Floaters have no protection and that has to change.
Cover drivers have protection no matter what, if you have 4 years in.

BrownTexas

I think eventually their will be a 10 yr progression. UPS doesn't want anyone to get vested. I believe Part Timers should start at $15+. We need people that actually want to work here. We have no part timers at my center that even care about doing their job.

I think eventually their will be a 10 yr progression. UPS doesn't want anyone to get vested. I believe Part Timers should start at $15+. We need people that actually want to work here. We have no part timers at my center that even care about doing their job.
And why should they? Minimum wages, no benefits for a year, sups and managers don't even care anymore. Make the job worth the effort and treat the workers with the respect they deserve and UPS shareholders would be amazed at how much the profits would soar.

BrownTexas

And why should they? Minimum wages, no benefits for a year, sups and managers don't even care anymore. Make the job worth the effort and treat the workers with the respect they deserve and UPS shareholders would be amazed at how much the profits would soar.
I'm with you. The veterans speak of when UPS was actually a place that everyone wanted to be. Everyone made good money. Now there is such a huge separation. Way come kill yourself loading trucks when you can go flip burgers for the same pay.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

Well said sir.

542thruNthru

696 Pkgs WTF! Are you a mall route? That's just insane outside of peak.

I'm guessing he delivers to a Post Office. We have drivers here that love to throw around that big package number count when all they actually delivered was 15 bags to the PO.

So I'd guess 380 pieces and 15-20 bags at the post office. :)