predictions for the next contract?

By The Book

And why should they? Minimum wages, no benefits for a year, sups and managers don't even care anymore. Make the job worth the effort and treat the workers with the respect they deserve and UPS shareholders would be amazed at how much the profits would soar.
I do think the part time employees need to be paid more if UPS wants to keep these workers. I don't see how the profits would soar though, as there will be less profit not more, Imo.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I don't even do 600 in a week. If I did, I wouldn't brag about it. That's ridiculous. I'll just stay out in the woods and let the runners poke their chests out.

Our busiest route normally runs with somewhere around 400-500 pkgs. Even at peak she would be considered heavy at 700. Thankfully, I am the second highest swing / cover driver and I normally run extended or prairie routes which like yours, only have around 75-100 pkgs a day but the miles are a killer.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I'm guessing he delivers to a Post Office. We have drivers here that love to throw around that big package number count when all they actually delivered was 15 bags to the PO.

So I'd guess 380 pieces and 15-20 bags at the post office. :)

Funny you would say that, our post office guy is meticulous about keeping track of his package count. He is almost at 1,000,000 pkgs delivered. He was asked once if the count includes the pkgs in the mail bags. His response as expected, was not a single package inside the bag. He joked that his number would probably be around 5,000,000 if he DID count every package in the bag.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
They need to stop all the PT cover driver BS
To what end? A bunch of seasonal outside hires? Or a bunch of new drivers stuck starting at $18+ an hour with a 4 year progression?

TCD isn't a great solution either but at least all our new FT drivers are at 85% of top rate for 4 years.

BrownTexas

They come to UPS willing to kill themselves loading trucks for the chance to make $35.00 full time. Will the burger flipping joint be able to match that?
We have 90% of our preload that aren't there for that. Most of them just need a job to file taxes on because most of there money comes from dealing drugs.

BrownTexas

To what end? A bunch of seasonal outside hires? Or a bunch of new drivers stuck starting at $18+ an hour with a 4 year progression?

TCD isn't a great solution either but at least all our new FT drivers are at 85% of top rate for 4 years.
2 work schedules. 10 hour day. M-Thursday, and Wednesday-Sunday. Those that sign up for extra work cover routes on days they don't work. This also would help prevent using seasonal off the street hires.