pregnancy

N

near tom

We have a PT employee(Reloader) who has found out she is pregnant. Mgt seems to want to give her the ole heave ho. Anybody know about anyone getting TAW for this situation?

A

Austin316

It is against federal law for any woman in any position at ANY job to be terminated based on being pregnant.

Cementups

Box Monkey
What does management care if she doesn't come to work for that time after giving birth. they aren't paying her. She should be able to collect STD though while she is off on FMLA.

UPS Lifer

What does management care if she doesn't come to work for that time after giving birth. they aren't paying her. She should be able to collect STD though while she is off on FMLA.

It sounds to me like she wants to keep working and probably can't do quite the same job as before.

This is a very touchy subject - she should get her BA to help her with this particular situation.

rod

Retired 22 years
Why would she want to collect Sexually Transmitted Diseases while she is off?:dissapointed:

Cementups

Box Monkey
Why would she want to collect Sexually Transmitted Diseases while she is off?:dissapointed:

I should have known better. I knew as soon as I typed it that I shouldnt have but then I figured I would wait and see how long it tokk someone to have that reply. I thought for sure it would have been the first post.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Back to the thread

We had a driver that was pregnant, and she worked past 8 months. Was gone 4 weeks, and back in the truck. Tough as nails. Her hubby I guess stayed home with the child, as she makes more than he. For all the jokes about women and doing the job, she has my respect! She earned her job, just like the rest of us.

d

HazMatMan

We have a PT employee(Reloader) who has found out she is pregnant. Mgt seems to want to give her the ole heave ho. Anybody know about anyone getting TAW for this situation?

I don't think there is TAW for part-timers, They could put her in the small sort until she needs to take time off, but I don't think it is UPS's obligation to do this. They can't fire her either. I guess they could make her life miserable and hope she quits..