Preload/Cover Driving

Kush

Ok they beat my ass on preload..when I go cover driving will they beat my ass some more...I mean they are really killing me on preload

Sent using BrownCafe App

BigBeef42

It can reasonably be assumed that if they screw you once then, yes, they will screw you again.

Driving is a whole different animal. If you have a good knowledge of the city you're in- then you should be ahead of the curve.

They say the hardest part about cover driving is not knowing the routes and the extended hours that come with this issue.

Kush

Yeah see I will have problems with learning routes as I am new to this whole state

Sent using BrownCafe App

Box Ox

I'll take 9 hours of driving a route over 5-6 hours of getting slammed on preload any day of the week. Many drivers at my center don't understand as they went full time before the package weight limit was raised to 150 and benefits took a year to kick in.

Worst part of temp driving is being sent out blind.

BUCN85

I agree with the driving over pre load. Yes the drivers work very hard too and get screwed over BUT they are compensated very well for all of this.

"This is called the pre-LOAD not the pre-STACK"

Cementups

Box Monkey
I found an old pic of my center manager beating my ass after my first day driving.

spanking-kidsjpg-e8ceb7b4d2b86d0e_large.jpg

BrownChoice

Not entirely true as far as full timers getting :censored2: beat for more hours. I remember many a times working 13-14 hours part timing it, 6 hours preload during october-january or february and 7-8 hours delivering after preload.

Also, more and more part timers are making it a career for everyones got their own reasons to stay part time.

And, preload in my opinion CAN be way more tough on the body than delivering can and at least during peak drivers get to use helpers!

Niether job is easy though i think thats been very very established.... Especially as time goes on it gets harder and harder with more and more work along the way....