preload driver pay rate

kramer

Since my center has cut a few routes due to volume recently, including my training route. Can I go work my old preload job at my driver pay scale? The HR office told me that but it sounds too good to be true. I wouldn't mind doing preload at a driver rate until volume picks up again

AlliSeeisBrown

You'll be paid driver wages when you drive, and you'll be paid preloader wages when you're preloading. You'll come to realize that HR isn't the most reliable source of information.

kramer

I have a promotion date already, I thought since im going for fulltime and they arent giving me work on the driver side, i can compensate in the warehouse at the same rate as a driver. the pen supervisor mentioned that too but wasnt sure, but im sure people on here have some experience with this

UnconTROLLed

perfection
You'll be paid driver wages when you drive, and you'll be paid preloader wages when you're preloading. You'll come to realize that HR isn't the most reliable source of information.
Incorrect, at least locally. Around 2010 or so, that changed, all drivers laid off and working in the building make their driver wages. I guess that could vary regionally however I don't see why, unless there is specific language in a supplement or rider.

AlliSeeisBrown

Regardless, enjoy these surprise days off when you can get them. If you stick it out, your next 4ish years will be trivial and you'll be praying for a lay off.

kramer

So this counts as a layoff since I havent qualified yet? I am planning to stick this out, but this delay in seniority keeps pushing back the time to top pay rate. I called the union and i dont remember if it was every 7 working days you get bumped down in pay or after you work 7 days in preload it bumps. I understood the 7 days reset every time you drive. Having been told I have 120 days to get 30 punches gave me some hope, and that this wont affect my qualification because there is no work

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Tough you did not qualify yet.
I just joked about this an hour ago. Get my 30 days, get a fake doctors note, and then work preload at driver wage.

AlliSeeisBrown

So this counts as a layoff since I havent qualified yet? I am planning to stick this out, but this delay in seniority keeps pushing back the time to top pay rate. I called the union and i dont remember if it was every 7 working days you get bumped down in pay or after you work 7 days in preload it bumps. I understood the 7 days reset every time you drive. Having been told I have 120 days to get 30 punches gave me some hope, and that this wont affect my qualification because there is no work

It's all part of the process boss man. Use these days off during the qualification process to rest up, maybe drive the area of the training route to get familiar. This is going to sound really weird, but when I was qualifying for FT, when I was laid off I actually followed the bid driver of the training route for a little bit to see how he ran the route. He knew I was doing it and didn't mind. I learned some of his shortcuts and where he'd be at certain times so I could benchmark it. Top rate will come, right now you need to focus on following the methods and driving safely. An accident/injury can certainly make the wait until top pay a lot longer than four years.

I’m sort of stuck in the same position and I hope someone can help clarify what my pay should be. After my 30 days I was told they wanted to keep me as a reg/temp. However I was also told that they’d bring me back around mid-July when the bid list comes back up. In the meantime I’ve been working the preload and I’m wondering if I’m still at the driver rate or preload rate? Center & preload manager both have said I should be earning my driver rate however I won’t really know until this Thursday when my check gets posted. Any thoughts?

I’m sort of stuck in the same position and I hope someone can help clarify what my pay should be. After my 30 days I was told they wanted to keep me as a reg/temp. However I was also told that they’d bring me back around mid-July when the bid list comes back up. In the meantime I’ve been working the preload and I’m wondering if I’m still at the driver rate or preload rate? Center & preload manager both have said I should be earning my driver rate however I won’t really know until this Thursday when my check gets posted. Any thoughts?
You won't get driver rate.

Appvol

When I bumped back into the part time shifts you made what the highest paid part timer made. At my center we had a couple of part timers that made $30 something an hour.