Preload fired for throwing boxes in wrong areas of truck

Thatdudeloads

Does anyone know if you can get fired for putting boxes in the wrong parts of the truck?
There’s a person I work next to who is disabled. Management only keeps in there because he’s fast he only focuses on getting the right boxes in the truck but he never puts them where they belong.
He will have air in the 8000s or threes in the 5000s.

Drivers complain about how he loads but yet they keep them on preload still.
It’s weird for me because I am very exact I like my trucks like a library labels all out sometimes I’ll get three or four day. But the driver seem to appreciate a well organized truck I think then having to dig everything.

What would you guys say you would like from preload know miss loads or in an organized truck but there’s no miss loads?

Added-not looking to get anyone fired I’m just trying to see what the union does and what he can’t do when it pertains to a job.

Last edited:

wilberforce15

Does anyone know if you can get fired for putting boxes in the wrong parts of the truck?
There’s a person I work next to who is disabled. Management only keeps in there because he’s fast he only focuses on getting the right boxes in the truck but he never puts them where they belong.
I still have air in the 8000s or threes in the 5000s.

It’s weird for me because I am very exact I like my trucks like a library labels all out sometimes I’ll get three or four day. But the driver seem to appreciate a well organized truck I think then having to dig everything.

What would you guys say you would like from preload know miss loads or in an organized truck but there’s no miss loads?
Maybe your best bet is to grow up and mind your bizness.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Are you looking to get a fellow Union brother fired ?

There’s a person I work next to who is disabled.

It's not within your position to determine that.

Oh well, stuff happens.

Maybe you could explain that to the Local management ?

Without ratting out a fellow Teamster ?

It's all about you....

Right ?

You do you, stop trying to rat. Check your building for a PT sup opening, I'm sure they'd love you.

Thatdudeloads

Are you looking to get a fellow Union brother fired ?

It's not within your position to determine that.

Oh well, stuff happens.

Maybe you could explain that to the Local management ?

Without ratting out a fellow Teamster ?

It's all about you....

Right ?
I’m not trying to rat him out I’m just curious I guess what it says in the contract about loading boxes. it’s weird because there are those drivers you know will throw a fit if something like that happens. But I’m not sure of like what the rules are especially being tired away and then stick and do it only to find out what I can do the same job he’s doing.

I don’t have anything against him. I’m just wanting to know I guess if we can both like this why don’t we?

PPH_over_9000

If his driver's don't complain and they're not out there for 13hrs every day, nothing will change.

I'd try not to worry about it. Just keep him from putting anything in your trucks and let him do his thing. In my experience, the union likely won't ever get involved to tell a preloader they need to load better. That's an issue that needs to be resolved between the loader and his drivers, or between management and the loader. Again, though, if the drivers aren't complaining then there's nothing to resolve.

wilberforce15

I’m not trying to rat him out I’m just curious I guess what it says in the contract about loading boxes. it’s weird because there are those drivers you know will throw a fit if something like that happens. But I’m not sure of like what the rules are especially being tired away and then stick and do it only to find out what I can do the same job he’s doing.

I don’t have anything against him. I’m just wanting to know I guess if we can both like this why don’t we?
You can both load like that, and neither will get fired.

If you suck bad enough at a job, they'll find an easier one for you.

Then they'll find another sucker new guy to work hard in your old spot.

This is how the union works.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Yes if corrective discipline is employed for this issue it is possible. Not likely but possible.

The Drivers complain to you?
Ok. ??? Your point
Just want them to do their job.
Added-not looking to get anyone fired I’m just trying to see what the union does and what he can’t do when it pertains to a job.
IMO
Not a Union issue unless contract violation or discipline is involved.

What is your interest in this??

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
72B32088-9175-426C-9598-73A16FCD9301.jpeg

@MECH-lift

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

Sounds to me like you have a long beak. MYODB. It’s usually healthier.