Preload/Helper and taking Lunches

I am doing preload for about 4.5 hours every morning and then doing the driver helper after. So far I have done it 6 times and I have not taken a lunch. I specifically remember signing a waiver saying that I waive my first lunch between the 5 and 6 hour and that I waive the second lunch after the 11.5 hour.

I haven't had a problem with calling in and saying my times until today when I called in and the Sup told me that I have to take a lunch between my 5th and 6th hour and the waiver doesn't account for it. I asked him how I'm supposed to do it and he said I just am. The drivers don't usually take lunches they just put their two 15 min breaks together and then eat.

Today I was in the warehouse from 430 to 9 and then did driver helper from 1 to 715, can in between that time account for my lunch? I haven't had any problems until I talked to this :censored2:. He said he squeeze a lunch in for my somewhere (add time) but I can't do this again

UnconTROLLed

perfection
What does your particular state have to say about lunches? If anything?

Are you looking to meet on-road with driver immediately at 9:00am ~ ? You mention 4-9 then 1-7 or something like that. Take your lunch at end of your pull (9am?ish) , and meet with driver at 10am?

Rack em

Made the Podium
Unless you are the one driving the vehicle then you aren't required to take a lunch (this could vary depending on state laws). But if the driver pulls over for lunch then you are on lunch too unless you're in the back sorting.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I specifically remember signing a waiver saying that I waive my first lunch between the 5 and 6 hour and that I waive the second lunch after the 11.5 hour.

Why in the hell would you sign a waiver giving up your lunch period?

can in between that time account for my lunch?

What are you doing for the 4hours from 9-1300? They paying you to stand around?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

the time in between your shifts can count as a lunch if you want it to

When you are on the car with me you are there to work.

You have plenty of time between 9 and 1 to run some errands, grab a bite to eat and get ready to meet your driver.

Is the 4 hour break your choice or theirs? Why aren't you meeting your driver sooner?