Preload hiring question

sup dood

So I was offered a part time position doing preload at UPS after doing PVD last year. So I applied for the job and was accepted, that was three weeks ago... Since then I have not started working or trained for the position.

I got a phone call from corporate UPS two weeks ago saying I need to show up for my first day of work, I show up at 4am and the guy at the warehouse was like "sorry you can't start until we can train you, we hired 11 people and we can only take 2 at a time for preload training. It's gonna take several weeks to train all you guys. We have you down for the job and someone from our hub will reach out to you until then"

Is this normal? So me and the rest of the guys are basically waiting around at home for a part time job for the next month to start working? Also, I have an interest in becoming a driver, so now I'm competing with other people to become a driver and with people that have already started the preload position before me? Wondering if it's worth the wait at this point..

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
So I was offered a part time position doing preload at UPS after doing PVD last year. So I applied for the job and was accepted, that was three weeks ago... Since then I have not started working or trained for the position.

I got a phone call from corporate UPS two weeks ago saying I need to show up for my first day of work, I show up at 4am and the guy at the warehouse was like "sorry you can't start until we can train you, we hired 11 people and we can only take 2 at a time for preload training. It's gonna take several weeks to train all you guys. We have you down for the job and someone from our hub will reach out to you until then"

Is this normal? So me and the rest of the guys are basically waiting around at home for a part time job for the next month to start working? Also, I have an interest in becoming a driver, so now I'm competing with other people to become a driver and with people that have already started the preload position before me? Wondering if it's worth the wait at this point..
Where you working now?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

Is it worth the wait? Only you can answer that....I don’t know your life and responsibilities. Yes, going from PT preload to driving is seniority based....like everything at UPS. You will have to wait your turn behind those who started before you.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider

It sucks that the guys that got trained in front of you will have more seniority than you and get driver jobs before you. But hopefully that means that they applied before you and sorry man but that’s the way it goes. If it makes you feel any better, most wash out before they even get enough seniority to drive especially in this anti-work culture. Keep yo head up.

It sucks that the guys that got trained in front of you will have more seniority than you and get driver jobs before you. But hopefully that means that they applied before you and sorry man but that’s the way it goes. If it makes you feel any better, most wash out before they even get enough seniority to drive especially in this anti-work culture. Keep yo head up.
You are assuming that the guys hired before him are old enough or even have a drivers license or have a desire to go driving. Almost everyone in my building that have started driving were hired off of the street the last few years. Working inside first means they will have to take you before anyone off the street. If you don't qualify the first time you can try again in 6 months. Off the street hires don't get a second chance.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
You are assuming that the guys hired before him are old enough or even have a drivers license or have a desire to go driving. Almost everyone in my building that have started driving were hired off of the street the last few years. Working inside first means they will have to take you before anyone off the street. If you don't qualify the first time you can try again in 6 months. Off the street hires don't get a second chance.
You are reinforcing my reassurance to him. Thank you, brother.