Preload Problems

datmorg

So one of the driver's I load for pisses on his truck. I mean you can actually see the stream going down the 2000 shelf! I have been dealing with this ever since I have been moved to this work area(about 9mths). He's good for it at LEAST 2x a week. I don't want to report and get him in trouble; however, after this AM I threw up from the smell of it. I asked the other guys on my belt have they noticed it when they used to load the area and they all say it just something he has always done. I don't want to deal with the smell anymore, what should I do?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I would tell your supervisor with your steward that this is a hazmat issue and you will not load a car that has piss inside it.

The issue will be brought to the driver's supervisors attention and hopefully can be resolved peacefully, THOUGH THE DIRTBAG NEEDS A KICK IN THE SACK

datmorg

I would tell your supervisor with your steward that this is a hazmat issue and you will not load a car that has piss inside it.

The issue will be brought to the driver's supervisors attention and hopefully can be resolved peacefully, THOUGH THE DIRTBAG NEEDS A KICK IN THE SACK

LOL. I will let my supervisor know in the AM. I hope that it will be peaceful cause the driver looks like he drinks a cup of IDGAF coffee every morning!

Future

Victory Ride
I would speak with the driver man to man.....explain to him your displeasure with his gross misconduct.....if it continues then you need to tell a steward.....use mgt only as a last resort after ALLLLL other options have been exhausted!

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
LOL. I will let my supervisor know in the AM. I hope that it will be peaceful cause the driver looks like he drinks a cup of IDGAF coffee every morning!

Good
It's one thing to find an empty plastic bottle of piss. The car wash people see that everyday. It's another to actually have piss stains inside the truck especially the shelves.

The car washers can have the truck emptied, hosed and scrubbed to get the smell out and I'm sure a center manager with some smarts can do things to make sure he keeps from vandalizing UPS property with his haz mat urine.

10 point

Good
It's one thing to find an empty plastic bottle of piss. The car wash people see that everyday. It's another to actually have piss stains inside the truck especially the shelves.

The car washers can have the truck emptied, hosed and scrubbed to get the smell out and I'm sure a center manager with some smarts can do things to make sure he keeps from vandalizing UPS property with his haz mat urine.
Yep. It's a Biohazard. Have a reload sup at night report it so you don't get singled out.
You can refuse to load that car until the issue is corrected if you make management aware of it and they acknowledge that it's probably urine.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
That driver needs to be on a leash. What total idiot does that? Warning letter time!

We had a driver once get a warning letter for leaving a full bottle in the truck. A female split driver complained and everything hit the fan.

datmorg

So I went to my steward this AM and he in turn talked to the driver for me. My steward did say the driver has gotten a warning letter a few years back about doing this same thing, and if he does it again they'll take more aggressive action(whatever that means).

PT Car Washer

More aggressive measures would mean progressive discipline up to and including termination. Would have to start over as a warning letter is only good for maybe 6 months. Does show you have a valid complaint. Why is he doing this? This is not normal behavior for even a UPS driver.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
So I went to my steward this AM and he in turn talked to the driver for me. My steward did say the driver has gotten a warning letter a few years back about doing this same thing, and if he does it again they'll take more aggressive action(whatever that means).

They should have taken aggressive action the first time it was reported. That's just disgusting. Pissin' in a bottle is one thing but all over a shelf is another. If he's that lazy to just let loose on his truck, gotta make you wonder what his house looks / smells like.

watdaflock?

It means the drivers next warning will include a stern finger shaking with a loud "no!" yelled loudly.