Preload PT Supervisor not allowed to work more than 7.99 hours

Dolphineus

Start times in our preload right now, and for the last two+ weeks were 12:05/12:15am. Starting the middle of last week, preload PT Sups were told we were not allowed to work more than 7.99 hours This means we are staggering our start and end times. The last two days I came in at 12:30am, after everything is up and running. Nobody is there to setup my line and I have to try to get all the little details taken care of after we are running. It also means I am required to leave at 9:00am. Yesterday we didn't receive our final ground load until 8:45 and were still expecting additional air, so I'm leaving before we're wrapped. Tomorrow I'm coming in over an hour after shift start.

We are being told it is because there is a company wide cost cutting/hours cutting push. Is this happening to everyone?

UghUghUgh

Start times in our preload right now, and for the last two+ weeks were 12:05/12:15am. Starting the middle of last week, preload PT Sups were told we were not allowed to work more than 7.99 hours This means we are staggering our start and end times. The last two days I came in at 12:30am, after everything is up and running. Nobody is there to setup my line and I have to try to get all the little details taken care of after we are running. It also means I am required to leave at 9:00am. Yesterday we didn't receive our final ground load until 8:45 and were still expecting additional air, so I'm leaving before we're wrapped. Tomorrow I'm coming in over an hour after shift start.

We are being told it is because there is a company wide cost cutting/hours cutting push. Is this happening to everyone?
My PT sup can’t work over 5 a day. Worked 5 mins over and he got wrote up for it.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Lol...part time-8 hours.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

If your part time why would you work more than 7.99

Lol

Dolphineus

My PT sup can’t work over 5 a day. Worked 5 mins over and he got wrote up for it.

In our building PT Sups are guaranteed 5.5 hours a day.

I understand this is a part time job, but from Thanksgiving to Christmas, our sort span is 8-9 hours++. Our start time for Monday was 11:00pm Sunday. Tuesday it was 12:05 and we ran until after 9:00am. The last two years I was doing 10+ hours a day during peak. Some days were 12+ hours as we have air trailers coming in until noon.

Box Ox

I understand this is a part time job, but from Thanksgiving to Christmas, our sort span is 8-9 hours++. Our start time for Monday was 11:00pm Sunday. Tuesday it was 12:05 and we ran until after 9:00am. The last two years I was doing 10+ hours a day during peak. Some days were 12+ hours as we have air trailers coming in until noon.

Maybe some PT supervisor somewhere had a beef with all that or the Company realized that working somebody with that job title more than 7.99 potentially exposes it to more liability or obligates it to pay another level of benefits, overtime, etc.

I've always just figured that non-Union folks should perpetually expect that anything could happen to them at any time for any reason. Your nards are Company-owned.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
They saved $26 out of my preload wages so far. Drivers left at 10:25.
Oh :censored2: wait I just filed a grieviance worth $30
How is this supposed to save money again?

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
Back when I was a PT sup I used to look forward to peak because of all the gnarly OT I could pull. Longest shift I worked was 18 hours. Of course those days are long gone; I think I also got a turkey that year.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Serious talk here but 8 hours = unpaid lunch in many locations. If corporate is trying to sweep these violations under the rug. This is a good way to do it.
We are having sudden meal and break issues in our building too for some reason.

Or I should not say that. It's like they are right on the edge of the cliff daring one of us to jump.

The Grunt

In our building PT Sups are guaranteed 5.5 hours a day.

Welcome to UPS upper management. There is always the official rules and then what really happens. I befriended a great guy on the preload who has been at UPS 25 plus years and gave me the lowdown on what really happens at UPS. What's is even more funny is when the district manager came in for a visit the preload veteran came and told me this is going to be the biggest dog and pony show you will ever see. It was funny the hub manager and upper management were actually working that day and pretended to like everyone. It was hilarious, the point is at UPS there is always what is on paper and what really happens. At peak the rule book gets thrown out the window.

The dark side

In my hub, we used to be able to work 7.5 when it’s not peak. My sort is known as the PPH sort where our goal is to hit aggressive numbers. Today we woke up to a text saying can’t go over 6.5

ptsupjohnny

I work preload and we can’t go over 7.00hrs unless it’s peak season. So rest of the year 6.99hrs. But then some months they have us on the 5.5 hr per day no exceptions. It has something to do with higher up corporate that dictates the hours certain districts and buildings can work. One month it will be like 5.5hrs then go home your done. The next it’ll be work up until 6.99hrs. Idk up you but for us anything over 7hrs per day is overtime and anything over 40hrs per week is overtime. It some weird UPS cycle that happens every like 3-4 months where they strictly cut costs then will stop caring.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

yes 7 months later, and I'm afraid